LÖVETree, a LÖVE IDE

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Ensayia
Party member

Re: LÖVETree, a LÖVE IDE

Post by Ensayia »

Very clean and polished! There are a few IDEs drifing around and I like the technical and professional look of this one.

Unfortunately I am attached to Notepad++ when it comes to coding anything (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Lua, etc...) and the chance of me using an IDE is almost zero.

Keep up the good work!
agent
Prole

Post by agent »

LarkSS wrote:This IDE is great, especially how it grabs information directly from the wiki. I've decided to use it for development and am looking forward to future updates!
I am glad that you like it.
LarkSS wrote:I've noticed a bug with the autocomplete. It seems to stop autocompleting when encountering a word that has an uppercase letter in it. For example, when typing in "love.timer.getTime", the autocomplete stops at "love.timer.get". It will also not show the input variables even after completely typing out the function in this particular case.
Well, I don't think that's a bug - or rather, since there are other functions like love.timer.getFPS it seems to be working as I intended it. And AFAIK, there are no input variables to the function love.timer.getTime.
For example, love.keyboard.isDown works fine when I tried it.
LarkSS wrote:As a feature request, it would be handy if selecting "Open Recent" from the intro window brought up all of the tabs you had open before last closing LÖVETree.
Good idea, I'll implement it. Perhaps before I finish the rewrite, since it is taking longer than I expected.
I will probably upload a new release featuring some bug fixes and probably your request (and some of the rewrite behind the scenes, but most will be disabled, that which is enabled will make refreshing directory contents faster) quite soon.
LarkSS
Prole

Post by LarkSS »

Ah you're right, I made a mistake and generalized the problem without testing further. This time I typed up everything in love.timer to see what was going on. Specifically love.timer.getMicroTime and love.timer.step do not autocomplete nor highlight upon completion. I checked lua.xml and found that it's because definitions do not exist for those functions, so I added them in. Since I now know the autocomplete was not at fault, I'll just add in anything missing that I come across.

Would be something if you could occasionally regenerate the file automatically based on the wiki contents though. ;)
schme16
Party member

Post by schme16 »

God this is nice to use, it has a really polished feel, I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this project!
My Development Diary - http://shanegadsby.info
Deif
Prole

Post by Deif »

I have to say - this is brilliant, even though it's not much in terms of features, it looks excellent and makes it very nice to navigate a project. Apart from the features you're already implementing, is an autoupdater on the tables (I'm a bit lazy having to redownload the package each time a new release comes out).
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

Perhaps a button to begin a new project may be a good idea as well.
LarkSS
Prole

Post by LarkSS »

Would be handy if associating LOVETree to .lua files and opening the file would load it into LOVETree by itself (or with others if you multi-selected).
Last edited by LarkSS on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

actually i would rather it be associated with a project file type. the reason being i use Lua for almost everything on my computer, i use Lua like most people use Python. i like being able to double click on a script and watch the magic happen... also i like being able to double click on a .love file and play it, just saying.
LarkSS
Prole

Post by LarkSS »

The association was just an example. I personally planned to make an additional option in my right-click menu for .lua files to open them in LOVETree. The general suggestion is to make this possible:

Code: Select all

LOVETree.exe afile.lua bfile.lua
By the way, currently tabbing indents by a static amount which loses its usual effectiveness of being a quick means to aligning several lines of text.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Is it Windows only? :(