Some parametric functions.

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ljdp
Party member

Some parametric functions.

Post by ljdp »

Here are some parametric functions for ya.
I didn't really code em, I just converted them to lua from here
Xtra.love
Xtra functions - parametric.
(34.68 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
xtra.lua
The lua file.
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
paclito
Prole

Re: Some parametric functions.

Post by paclito »

superexamples, thank you

I'm studing all of them and with your permission aplying to my tanks game (you will be in credits of course)

One question about anim and xtras....... when i move a phisical object with these equations and the object is asociated with a shape....... etc etc, this is the best way to move it...... example:

One cars game, where where I move my car with car.applyforce(x,y) and some enemy cars that are moved with some type of anim ANIM_RECT .... is this the apropiate way to make it? to made the path of an object that runs on my circuit?
Jake
Prole

Post by Jake »

Brilliant!

(Animation library - awesome :D)
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

Sure use whatever in your game, all my stuff has 'do wtf you want with it' policy :)
Of course I only edited anim.lua so credit should goto jake not me.

On regards to the rest of your post I don't quite understand what you are trying to say, have you got an example I can see?
paclito
Prole

Post by paclito »

yes, i'm making it and I'll publish in the next 2 or 3 days

I'll publish it when my wife and my son leave me a little time to use the computer ;)

and Saludos to all from spain!!!
NextPivMaster
Prole

Post by NextPivMaster »

The Spline functions will be good for making more complex figures in my animation program I'm developing. This is really useful, thanks and good work.

I just wish you put some documentation with it, and more comments in the code about how it works would be appreciated.

Oh, and a few request: I don't know gml, and since you converted this to Lua, I would like to see these converted too, please. I'm sure everyone would like these to have more complexe game, for example: Using the angle_difference(angle1, angle2) you could have something happen if a sprite gets knocked onto a sertain angle. You could also have effects be triggered with the point_in_... functions. These would be really useful, and every one would want them if they're making a more ambishious game project.

Love has limmted funtonality in manipulating files so I would like these converted, if they can, as well.

these are optional, and I'm probably asking WAY too much, but i would LOVE it if you converted these too:
color manipulation
Drawing Shapes
Fonts and Text
Surfaces
Sprites The sprite functions here look like they give you alot more control over sprites than what LOVE gives feature wise.

Also:Sprite Resources

If you don't want to, then I'll just get a GML referance some where and convert them with that. You do do them, then i'll give you the first version of my animation program when it's finished :megagrin: and you wil get a mega huge spot of thanks in the credits.
Garotas*Gostosas
Prole

Post by Garotas*Gostosas »

ljdp wrote:Here are some parametric functions for ya.
I didn't really code em, I just converted them to lua from here
NICE! :ultrahappy:
I LOVE GAME, YEAH!
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

Tbh GML isn't that confusing to read, it's a bit like java actually.
But yeah when I have time i'll start converting the functions.
If i'm ambitious I might even make a lovesnips.com website :nyu:

EDIT: I won't be able to replicate the surface functions because they are native to gamemaker.
Not sure about sprites but it could work..
paclito
Prole

Post by paclito »

In the next days i will try to make the anim class to do some 2d phisics work, I try to explain:

velocity = espace / time ....... it's the equations result..... but for box2d I think there is no the more appropiate parameter, perhaps acceleration?

:get() sends the 'space'
perhaps
:getvel() will send the velocity
and
:getaccel() will send the acceleration of the movement

It's the best way to move a 2d phisical object? one array of points to arrive to .... and make the objects to have a velocity or acceleration to arrive these points?

Thank to all
Muchas gracias!
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

The envy framework comes with a vector lib, which sound similar. I'm sure what you are trying to say could be replicated with the vector lib.