LOVE Terminal Emulator

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
GVovkiv
Party member

Re: LOVE Terminal Emulator

Post by GVovkiv »

WAWAWA wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:21 pm The link no longer works.
Um...
It's post from 2014, like, 7 year old
WAWAWA
Prole

Post by WAWAWA »

Oh, alright, but I need a terminal emulator, LV-100 doesn't fit my needs as it can't even prompt user input.
Last edited by WAWAWA on Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

WAWAWA wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:38 pm Oh, alright, but I need a terminal emulator, LV-100 doesn't fit my needs as it can't even accept user input.
https://github.com/Vovkiv/love-console
Well, it's not answer to your question, but you may found that useful
Maybe from this you can understand how you can implement that terminal-like system
WAWAWA
Prole

Post by WAWAWA »

Thanks, maybe you could change the fields that are used by the user to a lowercase name?
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

WAWAWA wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:01 am Thanks, maybe you could change the fields that are used by the user to a lowercase name?
string.lower()?
WAWAWA
Prole

Post by WAWAWA »

I guess I am not clear enough, I mean, for example Terminal.VARIABLE, maybe name it Terminal.variable or Terminal.Variable instead?
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

WAWAWA wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:06 pm I guess I am not clear enough, I mean, for example Terminal.VARIABLE, maybe name it Terminal.variable or Terminal.Variable instead?
Some(most) people like using all caps for constants and I think that's a constant. If you really don't like it you could go through the library and change it yourself. If the library's not big it should be easy :P
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

WAWAWA wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:06 pm I guess I am not clear enough, I mean, for example Terminal.VARIABLE, maybe name it Terminal.variable or Terminal.Variable instead?
Uh
Why?
If you wish, fork that library and change whatever you want
Like, it's not even my library
I just forked original and added utf-8 support (so if you write non ascii symbols the library won't crash and will work as intended), and other small fixes
also, you may want to check http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaStyleGuide and http://kiki.to/blog/2014/03/30/rule-1-do-what-lua-does/ to understand why author chose that naming instead of other
WAWAWA
Prole

Post by WAWAWA »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:29 pm
Some(most) people like using all caps for constants and I think that's a constant. If you really don't like it you could go through the library and change it yourself. If the library's not big it should be easy :P
They aren't constants, if they were I would understand but they are not constants.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

WAWAWA wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:30 pm
They aren't constants, if they were I would understand but they are not constants.
Woah, it isn't? Like the VARIABLE keeps changing? Anyway you can still change it :P
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh: