Semiou

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
o0k4m1
Prole

Semiou

Post by o0k4m1 »

Gamejam link Repository link
Started as a Global Gamejam 2012 project, but not quite finished at the time. Later we updated it with features we wanted to implement. Now its at least playable, so we wanted to share the game with you.

Controls: A, S, K (move), J (magic) E, R (change magic)
Alternative controls: arrow keys, spacebar, also gamepad should work too.
f10 for some debug info :D

Features: 6 levels + hidden level (where you can finish the game), TMX maps (editable with tiled), physics, bots, fun :D

LOVE version:: 0.7.2

Image Image Image

In future we're planning to add some more sounds. I'll note here if anything's changed.

Comments are welcome! (and yes, code is ugly. what to say - gamejam :D )
Attachments
semiou.love
(8.37 MiB) Downloaded 303 times
coffee
Party member

Re: Semiou

Post by coffee »

Hello, your project already got listed in forum some days ago.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7783
Congratulations for the LOVE project and entry in GameJam. I remember that things were then a bit green with no title screen or indication of game objective. Have a nice development of the game and please keep us aware of updates. I quickly checked now again and game is yes more playable and enjoyable now :)
mickeyjm
Party member

Post by mickeyjm »

i swear he swears when injured...
Your screen is very zoomed in...
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Big thing that I didn't like: the player collision detection doesn't match up very well to the sprite. I feel like if I headbutt a health item, I should get it.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
o0k4m1
Prole

Post by o0k4m1 »

coffee wrote:Hello, your project already got listed in forum some days ago.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7783
Congratulations for the LOVE project and entry in GameJam. I remember that things were then a bit green with no title screen or indication of game objective. Have a nice development of the game and please keep us aware of updates. I quickly checked now again and game is yes more playable and enjoyable now :)
Thanks a lot for checking our game. I saw it listed later on, thanks for that too :D
mickeyjm wrote:i swear he swears when injured...
:D no he isn't : it's simply "puc"
tentus wrote:Big thing that I didn't like: the player collision detection doesn't match up very well to the sprite. I feel like if I headbutt a health item, I should get it.
Maybe he takes cheese with his hands, not the head :)

Thanks for the comments, we developers really appreciate that.