Pixel Map Editor

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Codex NG
Prole

Pixel Map Editor

Post by Codex NG »

I built this some time in 2014 and am not using the code, so I thought this might be useful to someone on here.

The interface is taken from another program from this site however most inner workings were written by me.

The way it works is it automatically generates an image file that can be adjusted as needed even during development, there is an bar of tiles below that are assigned specific colors, you right click on the tile and then paint in the pink area of the map editor, the color pink represents the alpha of the image.

You can swap back and forth between the pixel map and the tiles map by click the M button, you can also zoom in and out the pixel map using the '+' and '-' buttons, the color box at the top right corner tells you which tile your currently using, there is information below the color to tell you where the mouse is in the x & y and where the mouse is in the x & y of the map, as well as which layer your on the current scale and the image's dimensions.

You can save your work by click the save button, I was working on something more complex with this project like 3d development but I just couldn't figure out the math :(

Although my lua has much better since i started this project back in 2014 I haven't updated it since then.

Here is 2 screenshots of the program

Enjoy :)
Attachments
Pixel Map Editor.love
(103.24 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
alesan99
Citizen

Re: Pixel Map Editor

Post by alesan99 »

Hi it's me the creator of the old one

I like what you've added :awesome: .
Not sure if this was intentional but I can't work with tiles because it keeps on switching back to pixels after I press the M button though.
Codex NG
Prole

Post by Codex NG »

alesan99 wrote:Hi it's me the creator of the old one

I like what you've added :awesome: .
Not sure if this was intentional but I can't work with tiles because it keeps on switching back to pixels after I press the M button though.
It doesn't work with tiles only colors, you can only view the tiles of where the colors were placed, I wrote it in this manner because the machine i was creating it in didn't work too well with tiles and was easier to stretch or shrink boxes then it was tiles.

I am going to upload the viewer soon so you can use that code to render the maps in a game or whatever :)
Codex NG
Prole

Post by Codex NG »

This is the pixel map which was generated with the Pixel Map Editor

This is the render from the Pixel Map Viewer
Attachments
pixel generated map.love
(22.45 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Codex NG
Prole

Post by Codex NG »

I use to have them integrated with one another but then I created the swap from color to tile feature and removed it :p