Lövely Character Creator

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
xeol
Prole

Re: Lövely Character Creator

Post by xeol »

I made the color sliders, kinda lame, but functional.

I could not create the save file system, don't know exactly how to do it or even if it's possible with love 0.7.2.

EDIT: Is it possible to save files outside the .love file? I think this will probably stop the development of this project.
Attachments
LCC-0.2.love
(10.15 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

xeol wrote:I made the color sliders, kinda lame, but functional.

I could not create the save file system, don't know exactly how to do it or even if it's possible with love 0.7.2.

EDIT: Is it possible to save files outside the .love file? I think this will probably stop the development of this project.
Sure, but remember to set the identity.
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

If you just save files with love.filesystem, without setting any Identity or anything, the files usually just appear in ~/.local/share/love/loveapp.love/ on Linux. I guess it's similar on Windows and OSX. It's kind of weird to have a folder with a dot in its name but it works.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

T-Bone wrote:If you just save files with love.filesystem, without setting any Identity or anything, the files usually just appear in ~/.local/share/love/loveapp.love/ on Linux. I guess it's similar on Windows and OSX. It's kind of weird to have a folder with a dot in its name but it works.
Yes, also in osx ending ".love" folders turns too in a directly running love app without have it to zip it. Sometimes it's very handy but I always have to make sure that that love file isn't indeed a folder and that is zip packed for distribution.
xeol
Prole

Post by xeol »

Note that you can only set the name of the folder to store your files in, not the location.
So it will always be on the users directory?

Btw, I really can't think of a way to save the image. Apparently there is no function to read a part of the screen into imagedata, or even to read a specific pixel on the screen. If anyone knows a way to do it, tell me or feel free to add it to the code.

Also, I posted in the charas-project forum and way of the pixel yesterday, but got no replies so far ):
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

If you draw to a Framebuffer, rather than directly to screen, you can use Framebuffer:getImageData. :)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
xeol
Prole

Post by xeol »

Robin wrote:If you draw to a Framebuffer, rather than directly to screen, you can use Framebuffer:getImageData. :)

It worked, but somehow the resulting image is upside down. Do anyone know why is that?

Here goes the current version:
Attachments
LCC-0.3.love
added save feature
(12.79 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

xeol wrote:It worked, but somehow the resulting image is upside down. Do anyone know why is that?
Bug fixed in 0.8.0: https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/issue/1 ... oader-fail