Content Redacted. Please Delete Thread.

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Centauri Soldier
Prole

Re: SQLite3 for Lua - A Simple Database System

Post by Centauri Soldier »

Thanks for the well-thought-out tips, slime :).

As it turns out, you're right, LOVE does do all those things but this plugin is meant for Lua, not just LOVE so I had to come up with my own way of getting that info. I would have much rather used LOVE though lol, since it makes it so easy.

As far mac 32bit, that's not supported by this plugin either, technically, since the file is not present specifically for mac 32bit (but rather 32/64 combined). It's included as an option because of the automated table search function and has no real bearing on the plugin itself. Summed up, there is only one file included in this plugin for mac and it supports both 32 and 64 bit architecture.
Last edited by Centauri Soldier on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Centauri Soldier
Prole

Positive07 wrote:If you say "I'm gonna fix this issue like this" and then post "I fixed the issue like this", that looks like the same thing to me so it's double posting
I see, well in that case you may want to go look up the definition of double-post in order to alleviate your confusion.
Positive07 wrote:Your library has almost the same size as LÖVE zip package for Windows, so it is way too much, for most little projects.

When designing a project, who says, "Well, I want to include images, music and plugins but, darn it, that would make my project bigger than the LOVE zip distribution file. Oh well, shucks, I give up, so much for my game idea. If only there were places on the internet where a person could host a project larger than a few megabytes."?

Your fixation on file size is not only irrelevant but ignores the obvious benefits gained by expending a couple megabytes of storage in exchange for the convenience of automatic cross-platform support.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Well I hope you can prove me wrong, I still thing this library doesn't offer that many benefits, and I don't see much use in it anyway, but who knows, good luck!
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

Centauri Soldier wrote:
Positive07 wrote:If you say "I'm gonna fix this issue like this" and then post "I fixed the issue like this", that looks like the same thing to me so it's double posting
I see, well in that case you may want to go look up the definition of double-post in order to alleviate your confusion.
Or maybe you should:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoublePost
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ble%20Post

It really depends on the definition, your post can be seen as either.
In my personal opinion posting twice, regardless of content, only makes sense if you need to bump the thread for a good reason.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
bobbyjones
Party member

Don't delete your threads bro

Post by bobbyjones »

I hate when people delete their threads. Yes the library may not be useful but don't delete the content. It could have been useful for someone.
Positive07
Party member

Re: Content Redacted. Please Delete Thread.

Post by Positive07 »

We should maybe delete him? Just a suggestion
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Positive07 wrote:We should maybe delete him? Just a suggestion
Or maybe delete you.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

"
67408461.jpg
67408461.jpg (36.18 KiB) Viewed 6054 times
"
Stop trolling. :brows:
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Jack5500
Party member

Post by Jack5500 »

Here is a backup fork: https://github.com/JanWerder/SQLite3-for-Lua

Original Content:

What Does This Library Do?
It provides a very simple means of accessing SQLite3 databases in lua.
It is designed to automate most of the process needed to use the SQLite3 libraries provided by josefnpat. All that's required of you, the programmer, is to provide a path to the script directory.

Note: If you're using LOVE (which you probably are since you're on the LOVE forums :P), the path is already provided for you. So all you need to do is drop the plugin into your project and require it per the simple instructions on the Github.

How Do I Determine the Operating System That's Being Used?
You don't need to, the SQLite3 script does all that for you and selects the appropriate dll/so file to use for that OS.

Which Dll/so File Do I Use?
As stated above, SQLite3 takes care of making that determination so there's no need for you to have to sort through files trying to decide which one to use.

Do I Need to Move Dll/so Files?
Nope! This script will run SLQite3 from it's location. No need to move or copy anything.

I Thought External Libraries Had To Be In The LOVE Program Folder
By adding the correct path to the package.cpath variable, the SQLite3 script is able to use external libraries from any location.

Github Page (Download and Instructions)
https://github.com/CentauriSoldier/SQLite3-for-Lua

Test Results
Windows 32 bit: Untested
Windows 64 bit: Tested and Working
Linux 32 bit: Untested
Linux 64 bit: Tested and Working
Mac 32 bit: Untested
Mac 64 bit: Untested
Centauri Soldier
Prole

The original content is still on my github, I'm just not posting updates to the module here any longer due to the negativity of some members and staff in this community. Feel free to communicate with me on github about the projects. Also, they are still listed in the libraries page on the main love2d website for new users.

Any other libraries I post in the future will also be posted here https://love2d.org/wiki/Category:Libraries but not here on the forums. Thanks for your understanding.