Gspöt - retained GUI lib

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
teh8bits
Citizen

Re: Gspöt - formerly Yet another stateful GUI

Post by teh8bits »

This is extremely impressive, nice work :)

inb4 recreates steam chat perfectly
trubblegum
Party member

Post by trubblegum »

I love steam .. if I could get the rest of my OS to look like that, I'd feel truly at one with the cosmos :rofl:

Update :
- added colour and font overrides (the natural progression would seem to be custom draw functions)
- added enter(this) and leave(this) behaviours, without the need for hax - because I löve you, of course :)
- added keypress(this, key, code) behaviour, which allows any element which has focus to respond to keypress events. The only element which receives focus out of the box is input, but the example code shows you how to set focus.
Focus is automatically cleared when you click off the element, and a done(this) event is sent to the element if it has focus and the enter key is pressed.
Note that only the input element displays its focus state.

It might be worth mentioning a couple of bonus features, because I know what you crazy lövers are like ;)
- radius element uses an additional parameter r in its pos table.
- gui.withinradius(pos{x, y, ...}, rad{x, y, r, ...}) returns true if pos is within rad.r of rad.x, rad.y
- gui.withinrect(point, rect) does what you'd expect, provided two standard gui pos type args

I do believe you now have a lib which you can write an entire bullethellplatformscrooter with :ultrahappy:

If I can ask for a sort of general show of hands, who wants speech bubbles?
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

trubblegum wrote: who wants speech bubbles?
I can imagine someone else wanting that. (BTW "finished" my transparent compatible rounded corners code).

Nice additions. Noticed that dragging a "custom goodness" element over the "group scrollbar" make mouse ocasionally micro-focus in "group scrolbar" even that I didn't drop the "custom goodness".
trubblegum
Party member

Post by trubblegum »

That's the element lagging behind the mouse .. not much I can do about that, unfortunately, other than maybe some optimization.

Uploaded with another demo project, so you can see what I mean about making a game out of the gui alone (with a little vector maths helper thrown in .. you won't hold that against me, will you?)
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

trubblegum wrote:That's the element lagging behind the mouse .. not much I can do about that, unfortunately, other than maybe some optimization.
Ah pity that lag, it's a effect too random, hard to even reproduce again. Maybe you are turning something on before turning off anything. I had the feeling it's something related to pop up tooltip
trubblegum wrote:Uploaded with another demo project, so you can see what I mean about making a game out of the gui alone (with a little vector maths helper thrown in .. you won't hold that against me, will you?)
Of course not. Go ahead. :)
Tried to download it but attachment was gone.
trubblegum
Party member

Post by trubblegum »

I was updating it .. figured y'all might like some hints for the controls.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

trubblegum wrote:I was updating it .. figured y'all might like some hints for the controls.
Hey! A GUI becoming a game! Pow! That's too much versatility for a UI! Oof! That was really pathetic! Ouch! :)
Gravy
Citizen

Post by Gravy »

This is awesome. You röck!
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I was playing Gewter:
K4rzY.png
K4rzY.png (36.47 KiB) Viewed 325 times