[11.3] AdMob support for Android + EU Consent

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
yetneverdone
Party member

Re: [11.3] AdMob support for Android + EU Consent

Post by yetneverdone »

Update for https://github.com/flamendless/love-android-admob:

All needed data like app name, orientation, publisher ID, ad ID, and potentially more can now be stored in a single file config.gradle to avoid going through many files for configurations. This will also allow to easily switch from projects to projects as you need at least only two files to edit instead of the previous 5+ files.

See README for more info
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

Big update for the repo! I've updated the module to not take on the love namespace and made it more modular.
You can easily use it like

Code: Select all

local admob = require("admob")
There's now more setup in the user's lua/love side like providing your own love.run but i.
For more info see: https://github.com/flamendless/love-android-extensions
Bigfoot71
Party member

Post by Bigfoot71 »

yetneverdone wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:00 am Big update for the repo! I've updated the module to not take on the love namespace and made it more modular.

There's now more setup in the user's lua/love side like providing your own love.run but i.
Hi, I would like to know if you plan to update your repository? Personally I am already working to update your work on the 21.4.0 version of admob (because the current one which is supported will come to an end) but in addition to being tedious to do it on my hardware it would be complicated for me now make a pull request on your repository from the work i've done in view of all the changes i've made to it over time, that's why i'd love to hear your opinion on it and if you're counting maintain it.
My avatar code for the curious :D V1, V2, V3.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

Bigfoot71 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:05 am
yetneverdone wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:00 am Big update for the repo! I've updated the module to not take on the love namespace and made it more modular.

Hi, I would like to know if you plan to update your repository? Personally I am already working to update your work on the 21.4.0 version of admob (because the current one which is supported will come to an end) but in addition to being tedious to do it on my hardware it would be complicated for me now make a pull request on your repository from the work i've done in view of all the changes i've made to it over time, that's why i'd love to hear your opinion on it and if you're counting maintain it.
You can fork the project and create a branch for your changes (optional) and then create a pull request. I can deal with the resolution of the conflicts. Also that is a way for me to learn more about this project :) Thank you
Bigfoot71
Party member

Post by Bigfoot71 »

yetneverdone wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:37 am You can fork the project and create a branch for your changes (optional) and then create a pull request. I can deal with the resolution of the conflicts. Also that is a way for me to learn more about this project :) Thank you
Ok I'll do it when I'm done but I hope it's doable for you, it's a lot of tinkering I do knowing that I do everything on VSCodium because Android Studio freezes every two seconds on my PC...

Edit: If you can point me to a point, I have just finished rewriting all the methods for 'AdActivty.java' I still have to test everything one by one but I receive a compilation error (which I was able to circumvent at the moment) which is: Cannot fit requested classes in a single dex file (#methods: 76477 > 65536)

I guess it's completely due to the fact that with the passage to 21.4.0 of Admob a lot of new methods are used, so I reduced the number of imports linked with Admob as much as possible but still the same number too many methods... (Surely thanks to Proguard who already optimized this, even I'm not quite sure, I must admit that I did very little Java before that and I never programmed directly for Android)

In short I wanted to know if for you it was acceptable to activate the MultiDex or if there were other solutions?
Bigfoot71
Party member

Post by Bigfoot71 »

Porting finished! While waiting for the pull request to be accepted (or not) on the flamendless repository if you want to publish a game on Android with Löve2d and the latest version of Admob you can go here.

Don't abuse the ads please, don't spoil the good atmosphere of Löve2d :D
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

Sorry for the late response, busy during weekends.
Edit: If you can point me to a point, I have just finished rewriting all the methods for 'AdActivty.java' I still have to test everything one by one but I receive a compilation error (which I was able to circumvent at the moment) which is: Cannot fit requested classes in a single dex file (#methods: 76477 > 65536)
this happened to me as well if i remember correctly, but on the original no-admob love-android build. It happened when packaging/including large assets (a lot of videos) in the .love file.
In short I wanted to know if for you it was acceptable to activate the MultiDex or if there were other solutions?
Im not an expert when it comes to android dev but so far with what i've read, activating multidex is okay and perhaps necessary. So go for it. Or maybe if possible, make it optional? Like toggle using it with a single boolean flag in the .properties file?
Porting finished! While waiting for the pull request to be accepted (or not) on the flamendless repository if you want to publish a game on Android with Löve2d and the latest version of Admob you can go here.
Awesome! Will check this as soon as possible. Thank you