Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Re: Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by RamiLego4Game »

So, The repository got deleted on github ! How can I now read the documentation ??
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Post by RamiLego4Game »

oh found it https://github.com/eledot/LoveFrames he renamed himself to eledot
Kenny Shields
Prole

Post by Kenny Shields »

RamiLego4Game wrote:oh found it https://github.com/eledot/LoveFrames he renamed himself to eledot
No, I deleted the repository. The link you posted is a fork of the original.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Deleted the repository? Why would you do such a thing?
Kenny Shields
Prole

Post by Kenny Shields »

bobbyjones wrote:Deleted the repository? Why would you do such a thing?
I've decided to host my software projects elsewhere. There should still be plenty of forks on github though.
AntonioModer
Party member

Post by AntonioModer »

RamiLego4Game wrote:So, The repository got deleted on github ! How can I now read the documentation ??
Find on Github forsk: https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=loveframes
See: http://web.archive.org/web/201502040656 ... rames/docs
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

This is the best port to 0.10.0 I found

Also note that eledot fork is a fork of a really outdated version (pre 0.8.0)
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
Centauri Soldier
Prole

Post by Centauri Soldier »

Hey Kenny,

Long-time (and current) user of Loveframes. I'm in the middle of a LOVE project using this amazing plugin and would really like to get my hands on the original documentation if possible.

Also, I would like to point something out and please understand that I mean to be informative and not combative. The sudden deletion of the code and documentation may make people hesitant to use any new code you may create in the future due to the lack of reliability. Even an outdated plugin such as Loveframes (which is set to be replaced) has projects using it and, therefore, users who depend on it. Simply deleting it and its documentation creates a serious problem for anyone currently using the code.

For example, my project is about half-way complete and Loveframes is heavily integrated into it. I would have to start over if I was to switch out my GUI plugin: it wouldn't be a simple matter of refactoring. I am currently stuck since I can't continue my UI without the documentation.

I think it's worth noting that creating a plugin that people love and use, garners a user-base of developers who depend on you to, at least, continue to make the code and documentation available, even if it is no longer supported. I sincerely hope you will consider the implications of the deletion for all your users and their projects as well as for any code you create in the future and I hope you'll consider putting the GitHib docs back up so those of us using Loveframes can continue to do so.

Thanks for reading and for creating a great plugin :),
CS.
Kenny Shields
Prole

Post by Kenny Shields »

Centauri Soldier wrote:Hey Kenny,

Long-time (and current) user of Loveframes. I'm in the middle of a LOVE project using this amazing plugin and would really like to get my hands on the original documentation if possible.

Also, I would like to point something out and please understand that I mean to be informative and not combative. The sudden deletion of the code and documentation may make people hesitant to use any new code you may create in the future due to the lack of reliability. Even an outdated plugin such as Loveframes (which is set to be replaced) has projects using it and, therefore, users who depend on it. Simply deleting it and its documentation creates a serious problem for anyone currently using the code.

For example, my project is about half-way complete and Loveframes is heavily integrated into it. I would have to start over if I was to switch out my GUI plugin: it wouldn't be a simple matter of refactoring. I am currently stuck since I can't continue my UI without the documentation.

I think it's worth noting that creating a plugin that people love and use, garners a user-base of developers who depend on you to, at least, continue to make the code and documentation available, even if it is no longer supported. I sincerely hope you will consider the implications of the deletion for all your users and their projects as well as for any code you create in the future and I hope you'll consider putting the GitHib docs back up so those of us using Loveframes can continue to do so.

Thanks for reading and for creating a great plugin :),
CS.

I'm sorry that this has inconvenienced you. I initially thought that the cloned repos also contained a copy of the wiki, which is one of the reasons why I was not concerned with deleting the original. Here is a link to the documentation: https://www.kennyshields.net/files/love ... tation.zip

Also, I am fully aware of the implications of deleting the repository, but I appreciate your concern.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Hm, I agree with Centauri. Your Library was/is widely used and all over the internet, there are now links pointing to https://github.com/NikolaiResokav/LoveFrames, Issues on that site, the wiki on that site etc.

The forks are hard to find as well, since the original repo is gone. And I don't really understand why you'd delete the repo - even if you can no longer support it, it's a huge, well-documented, widely used and very clean project from what I've seen, which many people can learn from.

For reference, cyborgize's fork seems to work with 0.10.1 as well: https://github.com/cyborgize/LoveFrames
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de