Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Centauri Soldier
Prole

Re: Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by Centauri Soldier »

Wow, super cool! Thanks for sharing those, Kenny :D.
Kenny Shields
Prole

Post by Kenny Shields »

Centauri Soldier wrote:Wow, super cool! Thanks for sharing those, Kenny :D.
No problem. If you have any questions about the library in the future, feel free to send me an email or private message.
Centauri Soldier
Prole

Post by Centauri Soldier »

Will do, thanks again, Kenny.
AlchemistArea
Prole

Post by AlchemistArea »

All the links are 404s.
fnaith
Prole

Post by fnaith »

Kenny Shields wrote:
Jack5500 wrote:Kenny, are you going to share any information on your new library in the near future? Really looking forward to it
I plan on releasing a public alpha version soon, though I can't make any promises of when that will be. If you'd like more information feel free to send me an email or private message.
I am also wondering why this new library is needed. LoveFrames is one of the greatest gui library that every love2d users want.
I thought the design of LoveFrames is fine, maybe there are other reasons.
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

fnaith wrote:I am also wondering why this new library is needed. LoveFrames is one of the greatest gui library that every love2d users want.
Reading through the topic, I think the reason is LoveFrames repo got deleted :( You can only get the forks...
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Zireael wrote:
fnaith wrote:I am also wondering why this new library is needed. LoveFrames is one of the greatest gui library that every love2d users want.
Reading through the topic, I think the reason is LoveFrames repo got deleted :( You can only get the forks...
He only moved it to his own site's repo. And considering he's the creator of both, i don't think you can actually believe such circular logic that the creator started working on a new library because he deleted his old one...? :crazy:
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

zorg wrote:He only moved it to his own site's repo. And considering he's the creator of both, i don't think you can actually believe such circular logic that the creator started working on a new library because he deleted his old one...? :crazy:
I'm sorry I misread something. Not a native speaker of English :(
Kenny Shields
Prole

Post by Kenny Shields »

Love Frames is extremely flawed. This is the main reason I decided to stop maintaining it and start from scratch.
fnaith
Prole

Post by fnaith »

Kenny Shields wrote:
Love Frames is extremely flawed. This is the main reason I decided to stop maintaining it and start from scratch.
Ok, it is surprise that a feature rich library is flawed. Now, I was just curious to know any news about new library :awesome: .
BTW, I nearly start a new love2d project and think LoveFrames is the gui solution. Since it is almost the only library with well documentation (and rich widgets), I am shocked by deleting original repository.