Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by Nikolai Resokav »

NOTE: THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED

Löve Frames is a GUI library for LÖVE. For more information, please visit the links below:

Links
- Documentation: https://www.kennyshields.net/files/love ... tation.zip
- Repository: https://www.kennyshields.net/git/?p=lov ... ;a=summary
Last edited by Nikolai Resokav on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 14 times in total.
baconhawka7x
Party member

Re: Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by baconhawka7x »

Awesome, I see a lot of talk about different GUI libs. And wether some of them are worth using or not. But this looks like the best one i've seen:)
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Thanks!
Gravy
Citizen

Post by Gravy »

Looks great!

I think there is one bug with the demo: The "Change List Type" button in the list resizes the buttons to be very large. I'm not sure if this is what you meant to do.

One suggestion: Upon Mousover, the X button should change color or have a little box around it. This way the user knows the bounds.
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Gravy wrote: I think there is one bug with the demo: The "Change List Type" button in the list resizes the buttons to be very large. I'm not sure if this is what you meant to do.
Thats the way the list object works. It's because the buttons have to assume the height of the list object when it's display type changes to horizontal. You can keep the buttons from doing that by setting doing this:

Code: Select all

button:SetRetainSize(true)
Gravy wrote: One suggestion: Upon Mousover, the X button should change color or have a little box around it. This way the user knows the bounds.
Good idea. I'll probably add that in the next commit.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Nikolai Resokav wrote:Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions feel free to post them. Also, if you find a bug please report it to the issue tracker on the repository. Thanks!
Very nice and complete GUI system. Congrats!

Input system works nice.

Two suggestions.
1. Tabs are scrollable, so you should make the Tablist also scrollable via mouse wheel.
2. Offer the option to close "widgets" via right mouse click. It's common in ultima online and i like this very much, because it's faster than clicking X.
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

I was planning working on a GUI too...Actually I didn't code anything yet, just working on the design and widgets components i will have to mimic.
But your work is truly amazing...It seems so complete, for a alpha release.
I downloaded it, and i'll give a try soon.
The wiki is nice, I took a quick look.

By the way, did you used a specific template for your personal website (I mean =http://nikolairesokav.com]nikolairesokav.com ? I do love the design, so simple but efficient).
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

SiENcE wrote: Very nice and complete GUI system. Congrats!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!
SiENcE wrote: 1. Tabs are scrollable, so you should make the Tablist also scrollable via mouse wheel.
Good idea! I'll add that in the next commit!
SiENcE wrote: 2. Offer the option to close "widgets" via right mouse click. It's common in ultima online and i like this very much, because it's faster than clicking X.
By widgets do you mean the frame objects? Also, can you right click anywhere on the object to close it?
Roland_Yonaba wrote: I was planning working on a GUI too...Actually I didn't code anything yet, just working on the design and widgets components i will have to mimic.
But your work is truly amazing...It seems so complete, for a alpha release.
I downloaded it, and i'll give a try soon.
The wiki is nice, I took a quick look.
Thanks! I've been working really hard on this library and I'm hoping that eventually it will become the go-to library for GUI needs in LÖVE.
Roland_Yonaba wrote: By the way, did you used a specific template for your personal website (I mean =http://nikolairesokav.com]nikolairesokav.com ? I do love the design, so simple but efficient).
Nope, I did my whole site myself. Thanks though, I'm glad you think it looks good!
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Nikolai Resokav wrote:
SiENcE wrote: 2. Offer the option to close "widgets" via right mouse click. It's common in ultima online and i like this very much, because it's faster than clicking X.
By widgets do you mean the frame objects? Also, can you right click anywhere on the object to close it?
Yes the frame objects. (In UO it's called a "Gump"). I'm not sure. But i think the right mouse button is currently unused (maybe exclude input fields). So, why not? This way users can use the guisystem a lot faster.
Petunien
Party member

Post by Petunien »

Very impressive. I like it! :)
Looks really great.
This could help a lot if someone is making a level editor.
"Docendo discimus" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca