Love-Fennel.sh One stop shop for getting started with LOVE and Fennel

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
alexjgriffith
Prole

Love-Fennel.sh One stop shop for getting started with LOVE and Fennel

Post by alexjgriffith »

The love Game Jam 2022 is coming up. In preparation I've written a one stop shop script for those who want to try out love and fennel on linux.

https://gitlab.com/alexjgriffith/love-fennel

love-fennel.sh handles, running the game, building the .love file and the readme includes how to integrate it with emacs.

If you wish to distribute your game, checkout the minimal love2d fennel setup, which handles Linux, Windows, Mac (Intel tested only) and HTML5 builds.

If anyone runs into issues before or during the jam, please report it.

To run wrap.fnl as your entry point in directory directory call the following:

Code: Select all

./love-fennel.sh -t directory/
To build game.love using wrap.fnl as your entry point in directory directory call the following:

./love-fennel.sh -t directory/ -o game.love
To specify the entry point pass ./love-fennel.sh a file rather than a directory

./love-fennel.sh -t directory/game.fnl
To use your own version of love (those who want to use 11.4) you can provide it using the option -l

./love-fennel.sh -l /path/to/love -t directory/
To use the non master branch of fennel pass in your own lib using the option -f

./love-fennel.sh -f /path/to/fennel -t directory/
Note, by default you do not need love or fennel installed on your computer. It will download the necessary files from github.

love-fennel.sh will let you get up and running with LOVE and Fennel without downloading either in advance. And, it starts up an interactive repl that lets you play around with your game in code while its running. love-fennel.sh lets you build .love files, however the distribute your game on Windows, Mac, Linux and HTML5 I’d recommend transitioning to min-love2d-fennel https://gitlab.com/alexjgriffith/min-love2d-fennel

I'm open to proposals for project name changes :p