Love2D builder

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
milon
Party member

Re: Love2D builder

Post by milon »

I see, the file comes from the web build process. I apologize for my thick skull today, lol. :crazy:

The .htaccess file didn't show up because that's a hidden file. Turns out it was present the whole time. *facepalm*

Anyway, just to be safe I deleted the old one, rebuilt the web version, and tried again. Got exactly the same result - black screen with a red circled X in the center. Here's the output from the console:

Code: Select all

nowordie.love null         player.js:36:13

Cookie “cookie_consent” does not have a proper “SameSite” attribute value. Soon, cookies without the “SameSite” attribute or with an invalid value will be treated as “Lax”. This means that the cookie will no longer be sent in third-party contexts. If your application depends on this cookie being available in such contexts, please add the “SameSite=None“ attribute to it. To know more about the “SameSite“ attribute, read https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite         player.js:79:2

ReferenceError: SharedArrayBuffer is not defined             player.js:43:13

Uncaught ReferenceError: SharedArrayBuffer is not defined             love.js:9:15344
    Love http://localhost/wordie.web/release/love.js:9
    LoadModule http://localhost/wordie.web/game.js:120
    load http://localhost/wordie.web/player.js:39
    consentDialog http://localhost/wordie.web/player.js:89

Hope that helps
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Milon, I will look into the cookie warning when I have a chance.
In your case the main problem seems to be the "SharedArrayBuffer" error.
Like I said, this issue is explained on Davidobot's repository:
https://github.com/Davidobot/love.js
The normal version can throw Uncaught ReferenceError: SharedArrayBuffer is not defined. Fix is discussed here. TL;DR Enable the following HTML reponse headers on the website you're hosting your project on:

Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy: same-origin
Cross-Origin-Embedder-Policy: require-corp
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... quirements

I tried to fix the same issue using the .htaccess file on Apache, but I cannot test every possible server configuration out there. I suspect that your server is not following the .htaccess file's directives, but I cannot confirm. You have to check that your .htaccess works at all in your configuration. A simple way to test if the .htaccess file works is to replace the content in the file with:

Deny from all
This should block the page temporarily but you will know that the .htaccess file works.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

I replaced the .htaccess contents with exactly "Deny from all" (no quotes), and get the exact same issue. So yeah, seems to be ignored currently. I setup the server quite a while ago, and I can't remember what if any custom configuring I did with it. I have customized my FireFox for security with these being the notable changes:
- Do Not Track (always)
- Delete cookies & site data when closed (always) >> with various domains added as exceptions
- block all requests for camera/microphone/notifications/autoplay

I doubt that would cause the issue I'm seeing here though.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Milon, the .htaccess file is executed on the server side so it has nothing to do with FireFox.
You have to check your Apache configuration, as it probably ignores the .htaccess file altogether.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

I am going to need help with building an algorithm that can change the Love2d application icon. The wiki mentions using ResourceHacker a third party app that raised a bunch of virus warnings on my machine. No reasonable help or tools are provided for Linux and Mac either. In general having to switch operating systems to build the game is not acceptable.
JesseWebb
Prole

Post by JesseWebb »

Hey, thanks for sharing this. I was able to build for WIndows and Mac, but I can't get the Linux appimage to work. I'm using Linux (PopOS) as my main operating system, and I'm able to run other AppImages by changing the permissions to allow it to run. But when trying to run the game, it gives me this error "Could not display - There is no application installed for plain text documents". I'm not sure why.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Thank you for the heads up. There was a bug recently introduced after several updates to the 2dengine website. Everything should be working at the time of this post. Might be worth giving it another try when you have a chance.

Also, please advise if you are willing to do some testing so we can try to get the custom icons script working for the Mac.
notcl4y
Citizen

Post by notcl4y »

Can't open the website :/

loves_lua = "not so",
wants_to = true
JesseWebb
Prole

Post by JesseWebb »

ivan wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:55 pm Thank you for the heads up. There was a bug recently introduced after several updates to the 2dengine website. Everything should be working at the time of this post. Might be worth giving it another try when you have a chance.

Also, please advise if you are willing to do some testing so we can try to get the custom icons script working for the Mac.
I tried one more time. This time, it didn't give me the error message, but the game still would not open on Linux. I'm not really sure how to go about fixing it.

As for testing, I don't know how to make a custom icon, but I can look into it. I think I may have made one once using GIMP a few years ago, but I don't remember exactly how I did it.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Thank you for the heads up. I have re-written the builder script in AJAX so it should be a lot more user friendly now.
Sorry about the Linux build issues, these were broken temporarily during the updates.