Love2D builder

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
dusoft
Party member

Re: Love2D builder

Post by dusoft »

KDE Neon 22.04, so basically Ubuntu 22.04
JesseWebb
Prole

Post by JesseWebb »

milon wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:05 pm
dusoft wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:35 pm
milon wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:28 pm Where did the AppImage come from, or did you make it (and how)?
From the previous post above.
So, extracted from my .zip then. Strange. The icon shows up for me, but not for others.

Dusoft, what OS are you running? Can any other Linux users test the icon status? What happens after running the AppImage once or twice - does the icon show up then?

In case it matters, I'm on Linux Mint 21 "Vanessa".
Every AppImage I've ever downloaded has no icon. I just thought that was how all AppImages worked? Even games that are AppImages that I've downloaded from Itch.io, none of them ever have an icon. I'm fairly new to Linux, so I could be wrong though. Personally, I would be fine if Windows and Mac had custom icons, while Linux just had the AppImage without an icon at all. I could live with that.

And I'm currently using PopOS if it matters.
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

Every AppImage I've ever downloaded has no icon. I just thought that was how all AppImages worked? Even games that are AppImages that I've downloaded from Itch.io, none of them ever have an icon. I'm fairly new to Linux, so I could be wrong though. Personally, I would be fine if Windows and Mac had custom icons, while Linux just had the AppImage without an icon at all. I could live with that.

And I'm currently using PopOS if it matters.
If i understand correctly, appimages doesn't or just was implemented very late, so not every DE or file manager properly supports it (still...)
https://docs.appimage.org/reference/appdir.html
For example, in nautilus none of appimages show icons for me.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

knorke wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:15 pm.
The first ever game published on itch was a love2d game :cool:
Wo...WOAH. That's true :rofl: By the "mysterious" leafo himself.

https://leafo.itch.io/x-moon
https://itch.io/t/1173978/what-was-the- ... -on-itchio

Nice, thanks for that fun fact :3
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
JesseWebb
Prole

Post by JesseWebb »

I tried to make a Linux build just now, and sorry to say, the AppImage won't run. I don't mean the icon issue, but the game won't play even after giving it the correct permissions.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Good catch, Sir. I was working on the builder script and overwrote the Linux binaries by accident.
I pushed an update although the builder front-end needs work. Thanks and sorry about the inconvenience!
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Just fixed a bug with the MacOS builds. Sorry about the inconvenience!
knorke
Party member

Post by knorke »

When uploading a file it would be nice to see a progress bar or other feedback if the upload is still running.
Also for me during upload it shows the Löve logo with my filename in the middle of. However the filename is only displayed if the mouse pointer is inside the logo, is it meant like that?
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Thank you for the heads up. I am working on a bigger update to the 2dengine website but will try to keep your suggestions in mind. The builder is also available on GitHub if you decide to run it on your own Apache server.
JesseWebb
Prole

Post by JesseWebb »

Hey. Sorry to bother you, but is the builder down for temporary maintenance? I haven't figured out a way to make a Linux AppImage on my own. Making a love file or a WIndows .exe isn't a problem, but Linux builds is way more difficult to figure out for me.