My 4KB Hypnotic Thing, wanna share yours ?

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
substitute541
Party member

Re: My 4KB Hypnotic Thing, wanna share yours ?

Post by substitute541 »

DaedalusYoung wrote:I had nothing better to do, so here's mine. Not exactly what I had in mind when I started, but it still turned out pretty good.

Mouse position influences colour value, left click increases size, right click decreases size. Any key quits.
This looks like a pretty nice background for a movie set in Tokyo. Lawl.
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

DaedalusYoung wrote:I had nothing better to do, so here's mine. Not exactly what I had in mind when I started, but it still turned out pretty good.

Mouse position influences colour value, left click increases size, right click decreases size. Any key quits.
Slowed down a bit, This could totally work as one of those android live wallpapers.
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Yeah, nice and bright and neon light. Very simple too, just additive and subtractive blend modes.
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

Here's mine.
shape.love
(793 Bytes) Downloaded 173 times
Made it as a tech demo for some shape code I wrote a while ago for future games, all those shapes are outlined polygons with transformations (in this case every one is a transform of the previous one moving from the center out) and rotations are all performed in real time on the coordinates of the polygons instead of just rotating them.
Dull but sincere filler.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

StoneCrow wrote:Here's mine.
shape.love
Made it as a tech demo for some shape code I wrote a while ago for future games, all those shapes are outlined polygons with transformations (in this case every one is a transform of the previous one moving from the center out) and rotations are all performed in real time on the coordinates of the polygons instead of just rotating them.
My eyes.... so painful...
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

StoneCrow wrote:Here's mine.
shape.love
That's AWESOME! :D
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

Eamonn wrote:That's AWESOME! :D
Thanks was originally written for a cell game so I could oscillate the sides of the cells but am kinda sidetracked at the moment xD
Dull but sincere filler.
TimeLoop
Prole

Post by TimeLoop »

Hypnotize yourself with less that 730b download!!!!
ESC = exit
|
|
(Download the file that matches your Löve version, otherwise will not work!!!)
|
\/
Attachments
hypno0.9.love
For Löve 0.9.0
(728 Bytes) Downloaded 109 times
hypno0.8.love
For Löve 0.8.0
(726 Bytes) Downloaded 129 times
Xrott
Prole

Post by Xrott »

I've got something too:
Circles_02.05.2012.love
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
It's one of my earliest experiments with love.

Actually it's a backup of an earlier state of my experiment (this is why it has the date in the file name). I made this backup because I wanted to move the project into another direction but I kinda liked what I had there too, so I kept it.

I think I knew about love even quite a bit longer than that but then forgot about it for a while.
Or rather, I didn't really work on anything worth mentioning.
Just wrote some lines of code when I felt like it.

Anyway... I could write a little bit more about me, why I want to make games or how I learned about love, but I think this isn't the right time nor the right place for that, so I'll just leave it at that.

I just thought that my little program can be a bit calming too (that is, until you press space...), so maybe it would fit in here quite nicely.

Just one more little random fact about myself: I actually know how to hypnotize.
I've brought myself down into trance many times before.
I could probably put other people into trance too, but I haven't found anyone who would volunteer.
That's probably because of how hypnosis is portrayed in media and what the general public thinks about it.
I tell you, there are so many bad clichés and misconceptions about hypnosis that makes it seem like it's just something
that only is used to cause mischief or something, while it's actually quite the fantastic experience.
I think that's really sad, actually...
Now I'm just kinda rambling on and on though, so I'll just stop now before I end up getting too off-topic....
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Xrott wrote:I've got something too:
Circles_02.05.2012.love
It's one of my earliest experiments with love.

Actually it's a backup of an earlier state of my experiment (this is why it has the date in the file name). I made this backup because I wanted to move the project into another direction but I kinda liked what I had there too, so I kept it.

I think I knew about love even quite a bit longer than that but then forgot about it for a while.
Or rather, I didn't really work on anything worth mentioning.
Just wrote some lines of code when I felt like it.

Anyway... I could write a little bit more about me, why I want to make games or how I learned about love, but I think this isn't the right time nor the right place for that, so I'll just leave it at that.

I just thought that my little program can be a bit calming too (that is, until you press space...), so maybe it would fit in here quite nicely.

Just one more little random fact about myself: I actually know how to hypnotize.
I've brought myself down into trance many times before.
I could probably put other people into trance too, but I haven't found anyone who would volunteer.
That's probably because of how hypnosis is portrayed in media and what the general public thinks about it.
I tell you, there are so many bad clichés and misconceptions about hypnosis that makes it seem like it's just something
that only is used to cause mischief or something, while it's actually quite the fantastic experience.
I think that's really sad, actually...
Now I'm just kinda rambling on and on though, so I'll just stop now before I end up getting too off-topic....
You can hypnotize! Awesome! I would volunteer! :crazy:
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster