3d dice roller

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: 3d dice roller

Post by Jasoco »

I am Jasoco.

Also, NPIYF.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

Wikipedia failed me. What does "NPIYF" stand for?
Good bye.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

Luiji wrote:Wikipedia failed me. What does "NPIYF" stand for?
Naughty Pregnancy-Induced Ypsilanti Freakout
pekka
Party member

Post by pekka »

Very well, I withdraw any objections to using Löve to write 3D hacks and games. I didn't want to come across as being against it anyway, but just wanted to point out some other options might be preferable in the long run. As long as you're having fun and know what you are getting into, there's no cause for complaints :)

I would like to report that I tried Luxinia and it worked all right on my computer with Windows XP. Some demos failed to load models properly when I ran them from the wrong directory, but just starting the executable and choosing the demos from its menu made it work. It's worth keeping an eye out for the promised Linux and Mac ports of Luxinia, and it going open source, in case you are interested in more modern kind of 3D programming with access to graphics hardware capabilities. As of this writing it only works on Windows, which might be a bit of a limitation for some.

Right, well, they have their own forums, though, so let's not take up more Lövespace with this talk :)
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

New Page In Your Face. It started on another forum but never caught on elsewhere. Despite my best attempts.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! It makes so much sense now!

Don't worry, I'll help spread the disease. It's LÖVE baby! :rofl:
Good bye.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Jasoco wrote:New Page In Your Face. It started on another forum but never caught on elsewhere. Despite my best attempts.
Called Page Topper on MSPA fora.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
way
Prole

Post by way »

Well, I do agree with Pekka, this is just a hack :) Actually I've chosen Löve so that I can play around with Lua and bang images on screen real fast. The main reason I prefer Löve to other engines I've seen before (like Luxinia) is the simplicity. It gives you tools with a minimum of overhead, no complexities, no headaches, no complicated initializations. That's an art. Hail to these developers!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I'm still impressed. This is basically what my project would have become if I kept going. I like the way you use a "projection" function to turn 3D coordinates into 2D x,y on-screen coordinates. I had planned on doing that but lost interest when I didn't know where to go with it. The "skinning" may be a hack, but it's pretty clever. I didn't even notice it until I started playing around. You don't really need images in 3D games as some old classics have proven. Indie games simply need to be fun.
gert7
Prole

Post by gert7 »

Lap wrote:Extremely impressive and an amazing example of how how to do 3D in a primarily 2D engine.
Windows is a 2D engine. It's all about render scripting.

{Server > Server hosts mainframe > Connects to individual Lövenet mainframe < [LÖVE] > App > Socket > love.cloud > Server}

And you have Steamgregate.