Cloud Wrrior, Hostile Takeover & Shapes of Doom 3

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
roggie
Prole

Cloud Wrrior, Hostile Takeover & Shapes of Doom 3

Post by roggie »

So, I have now go 3 projects that I am working on. The first one, CloudWarrior, is coming out either next week or the week after. It will be released on Itch.io so keep an eye out for that.

My 2nd game, Hostile Takeover, is a game that shows us the line between good & evil. It iis a platformer game. The demo will be released soon on itch.io. IT might be released next week because I have to have the demo for Q-Con and the demo is more or less done.

My 3rd game, Shapes of Doom 3, will be released on gamejolt. I havn't set a release date for it yet because I havn't started the development of it.

That's it. I just wanted you guys to be the first to know about my upcoming projects and be sure to keep watch on my twitter & website for future updates :D
bobbyjones
Party member

Re: Cloud Wrrior, Hostile Takeover & Shapes of Doom 3

Post by bobbyjones »

When you say release do you mean a commercial release? If so idk if you have a website and all that but if not you should make one. With at least a page for each game. Also need to make an internet presence.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

bobbyjones wrote:When you say release do you mean a commercial release? If so idk if you have a website and all that but if not you should make one. With at least a page for each game. Also need to make an internet presence.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't gamejolt for none-commercial (at least in the sense that you can not sell the game) games?
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Jeeper wrote:
bobbyjones wrote:When you say release do you mean a commercial release? If so idk if you have a website and all that but if not you should make one. With at least a page for each game. Also need to make an internet presence.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't gamejolt for none-commercial (at least in the sense that you can not sell the game) games?
As far as I know Gamejolt has this ad feature where people can earn money free ads but the games themselves are free
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Idk what gamejolt is tbh.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

bobbyjones wrote:Idk what gamejolt is tbh.
http://gamejolt.com/
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

gamejolt is cool. I think that's the direction itch.io should go. But still maintain customizability and freedom. Like maybe add ads to game pages optionally based on the developer and have them decide the split amount. Gamejolt is like itch.io on steroids lol.
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

bobbyjones wrote:gamejolt is cool. I think that's the direction itch.io should go. But still maintain customizability and freedom. Like maybe add ads to game pages optionally based on the developer and have them decide the split amount. Gamejolt is like itch.io on steroids lol.
I think itch.io is much better than gamejolt, but mostly they are different things. Gamejolt is like a flashgame site, except for all sorts of games. It encourages the creation of small games that a user can look at for 5 minutes and then go away. Itch.io is much more centered about the games themselves, it's a platform for selling and presenting game, not for playing them. (which, again, is good because I don't want to tie my game to the platform I only wanted to use for distribution. For example I can manage my achievements and highscores on my own, I don't want to have gamejolt in there. Other people might enjoy exactly that service though).

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Yes but it can all be an option. Which is the coolest part. I would think that's the right way to go. Like I would love to see steam functionality but in a indie network type of format. Maybe itch.io can provide that indie steam network that is open to all games. That are on itch.io or not. For example in game profiles and stats it would be cool if one profile worked for all of the indie games that join that network. Itch.io wouldn't have to change at all. It would just host those services for us. And also provide an api. That's what I would like to see.