LÖVE 0.10.0 released

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
chrisglinux
Prole

How do I install Love for Kali Linux (Debian)

Post by chrisglinux »

I have kali linux 2.0 and I have no idea how to install love on my computer and I want to really bad someone please help.
I know that Kali Linus is based on Debian and I have the deb files and they are extracted, I just don't know what to so from there so someone please help.

Thank you.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Re: LÖVE 0.10.0 released

Post by josefnpat »

So i'm guessing you already tried `sudo apt-get install love` and it's not in the repos.

If you have `dpkg` you can try to install it as the deb package.

Otherwise you will probably have to compile from source: https://love2d.org/wiki/Building_L%C3%96VE
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
Rucikir
Party member

Post by Rucikir »

While reading rude's new post about LÖVE new icons I realized the forum background theme hasn't been updated to include a super toast, hasn't it ?
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

I imagine one of the birds as the toast. :crazy:
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
molul
Party member

Post by molul »

I'm catching up with new stuff in Löve since 0.7 (or maybe I got to 0.8 back then). I see some love.graphics functions have been moved to love.window. I wonder if something like TLfres was implemented, so you can set the game resolution to something, and then the window to something different.

For instance, I was doing my first tests on 0.10 on a 1280x720 window, and I'd rather make it 1920x1080 for seeing more elements on screen, but keeping the window size at 1280x720, or even resize it to whatever at any time.
Aussielaw
Prole

Post by Aussielaw »

so does this mean hat if I'm too lazy to learn swift i can use love2d for iOS games?
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

molul wrote:I'm catching up with new stuff in Löve since 0.7 (or maybe I got to 0.8 back then). I see some love.graphics functions have been moved to love.window. I wonder if something like TLfres was implemented, so you can set the game resolution to something, and then the window to something different.

For instance, I was doing my first tests on 0.10 on a 1280x720 window, and I'd rather make it 1920x1080 for seeing more elements on screen, but keeping the window size at 1280x720, or even resize it to whatever at any time.
You can set the resize flag to true in conf.lua and you will be able to resize the window freely.
I think you can easily implement a canvas drawing system whereby you scale it to the needed window size while maintaining the same game resolution.
Aussielaw wrote:So does this mean that if I'm too lazy to learn swift i can use love2d for iOS games?
You sure can, but I'm sure Swift offers more integration with the platform than LÖVE.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster