New Icons

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: New Icons

Post by Jasoco »

I prefer the Windows icons. The OS X ones don't do it for me. Gradients are so meh. If it was a straight gradient instead of radial then maybe, but I like the flat Windows versions. As much as I love OS X getting its own icons that is.
Jack5500
Party member

Post by Jack5500 »

The forum attachment icons need to bechanged as well
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

vrld wrote:I took your code and added a shader that does smooth masking and adds a little shadow like in Davidobot's wallpaper. And there is a little heartbeat. "Made with LÖVE" text is still missing.
Worked on that, and while it works, i had a few issues.

The smallest is that my code isn't the cleanest; still, for that i do apologize. :3

The biggest was that i wanted to use the love logo text with an effect like it's being hand-written.
I got it to work, but despite me trying with two image editors, i couldn't make a decent gradient over the path of the shapes of the letters.

The plan was to separate the gradient into 8 parts (each having 32 unique "time-slots"), as commented in the code, (L,O,˙ , ˙,\,/,E,©) and one could fine-tune the tweening of the pen-movements, making for a probably more realistic, or, at least a more aesthetic appearance.
Since i wasn't able to create a suitable mask, those tweens currently don't apply to the correct parts of the logo.

The included font for the "made with" text is... in my opinion, akin to a CC-BY(-ND maybe) license.
(At least, that's how i interpreted "100% free to be used in both personal and commercial projects" by the author.)

If someone feels like they could help out with that gradient thing, that'd be nice :3

Edit: After hearing that Linux and Android can't run this, or produces incorrect results, this is how it should look: Image
Attachments
splash-zorg.love
(49.08 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Last edited by zorg on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

zorg wrote:...
For some reason your love file isn't working on my android. The app crashes on start up.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Ranguna259 wrote:
For some reason your love file isn't working on my android. The app crashes on start up.
Works on mine. z0rg I think the writing effect is too much and doesn't match the rest of the movements. I think attaching half of the text to the red and half to the blue. Would be a nice effect as they slide in together.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Ranguna259 wrote:
Don't know why, didn't test it on android (yet) :c
bobbyjones wrote:
Ranguna259 wrote:
Works on mine. z0rg I think the writing effect is too much and doesn't match the rest of the movements. I think attaching half of the text to the red and half to the blue. Would be a nice effect as they slide in together.
Idk, i thought it looked nice. Also, i did say that it was incomplete/wrong because i was not able to fine-tune the mask.

Then again, feel free to make your own version, isn't that what's happening here anyway? :3
Last edited by zorg on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
monolifed
Party member

Post by monolifed »

My guess is canvases, shaders or the shader might be unsupported by the platform
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Also guys can yall make escape exit the app? I press back on Android and it just reruns it.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

ingsoc451 wrote:My guess is canvases, shaders or the shader might be unsupported by the platform
Question is, did vrld's version work for Ranguna or not; that used canvases and shaders as well, i just added a text object and two more shaders.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

zorg wrote:
ingsoc451 wrote:My guess is canvases, shaders or the shader might be unsupported by the platform
Question is, did vrld's version work for Ranguna or not; that used canvases and shaders as well, i just added a text object and two more shaders.
If he is using 0.10.x then shaders and canvases are guaranteed to work. 0.10.x won't run without it. I'm guessing something weird must have happened. If it was due to the shader it would give a blue screen. I think opening .loves on Android can be unstable sometimes. You just have to make sure to clear out love if it was running before.
Last edited by bobbyjones on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.