[Update 3] CloveX - powerfull game editor and engine for LÖVE

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
AnRu
Citizen

Re: [Update 1] CloveX - powerfull game editor/engine for LÖVE

Post by AnRu »

Thank you all for replies! :)
When i played board game yesterday on 3:00 AM I find out cool ideas for engine and editor
Сaffeine and this game did their job :D
Pangit
Party member

Post by Pangit »

Thanks for helping me find electron AnRu. This is a very nice way to develop tools.
AnRu
Citizen

Post by AnRu »

Pangit wrote:Thanks for helping me find electron AnRu. This is a very nice way to develop tools.
I founded electron exactly in same way :)
EntranceJew
Prole

Re: [Update 2] CloveX - powerfull game editor/engine for LÖVE

Post by EntranceJew »

Hello friends. I think this is a great idea, it's the kind of thing that would really help out love's usability. I can understand doing things in an external editor, as long as the javascript is general enough it can eventually be ported to native controls.

If you wanted to go the true unity-esque way of doing things, you could use the fancy new IMGUI library in lua-land, most of unity's editor is written using IMGUI. A lot of unity's power comes in the form of being able to extend the editor by adding panels, adding tools and scene management widgets, etc.

But I say focus on your key list of things first, making strong progress in one direction will highlight a lot of the key challenges that we'd be faced with in a pure-love version of an editor.
sandsmas: A LÖVE Editor
My Libraries: Imgur, Palettes, Music Macros, Timer, Hooks
AnRu
Citizen

Re: [Update 2] CloveX - powerfull game editor/engine for LÖVE

Post by AnRu »

EntranceJew wrote:Hello friends. I think this is a great idea, it's the kind of thing that would really help out love's usability. I can understand doing things in an external editor, as long as the javascript is general enough it can eventually be ported to native controls.

If you wanted to go the true unity-esque way of doing things, you could use the fancy new IMGUI library in lua-land, most of unity's editor is written using IMGUI. A lot of unity's power comes in the form of being able to extend the editor by adding panels, adding tools and scene management widgets, etc.

But I say focus on your key list of things first, making strong progress in one direction will highlight a lot of the key challenges that we'd be faced with in a pure-love version of an editor.
Thank you for that, i curretly thinking about better scene renderer in editor and faced that editor-framework had a problems with it :)
For now i focused more on engine. Editor is only a half of the project.
With pgimeno's help i achieved rewrited version of transformations and now working on other build-in components, like Sprite, etc.
Alexar
Party member

Post by Alexar »

AntonioModer wrote: I found powerful UI library:
With a suitable GUI, I think we could implant an editor like Defold editor. (http://www.defold.com). If anyone interested in this, I think we can work together.
AnRu
Citizen

Post by AnRu »

Alexar wrote:
AntonioModer wrote: I found powerful UI library:
With a suitable GUI, I think we could implant an editor like Defold editor. (http://www.defold.com). If anyone interested in this, I think we can work together.
Working together is a good idea :)
Check your messages ^^
AnRu
Citizen

Re: [Update 3] CloveX - powerfull game editor and engine for LÖVE

Post by AnRu »

Check out new updates at the first post :)