What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Fuzzlix
Citizen

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Fuzzlix »

Jasoco wrote: It looks good, but I don't know if I'm satisfied. I'd rather keep it as it is and redraw them later.
Edit: On second thought, I kind of like it. I think I'll keep it for now.
I like it. If i would play your game, i see a funny jumping and opening box and i can't find anything to complain.
Task solved! :)
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

I hate it. It reminds me how much I suck at graphics. OK, no, I hate you. :ehem:

Seriously now, keep it up. I'm eager to see what you come up with. The borderless version looks nicer to me, but it's a big contrast with the other sprites that have a border. OTOH the squish made the border look too thick for a frame or two and that's fixed with the borderless version.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Yeah, since I use faithful pixels with no halfway pixels, anything stretched will look strange, but even worse when it has a solid border. I don't want anything to have a border really. I just can't draw characters so I stole Zelda characters for now.

I made a third version here to play with that uses the same chests as the first version but without the border so they're 14x14 pixels instead. A bit of tweaking and they work great. They look cute, but I'll probably stick with the 16 pixel borderless versions.
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 9.28.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 9.28.30 PM.png (7.37 KiB) Viewed 6189 times
Sorry that butterfly photobombed me.
georgeprosser
Citizen

Post by georgeprosser »

I'm working on drill_bit, a lo-fi asteroid mining arcade game.

Forgemistress
Prole

Post by Forgemistress »

What is everyone working on?
Something awesome. Will post details when I am able...

oh, and this is just clipart I found online. It's not an image indicative of what I'm working on... not directly indicative... I need sleep...
The flame cleanses all. It clears away the old to make way for the new. Forge for yourself new opportunities from the dross of the old.
ken.athomos
Citizen

Post by ken.athomos »

Finally creating and adding graphics to my first "learning project" which is an endless runner.

I'm currently working on the ground graphics. It isn't done - I still have to add grass, the some proper lighting and dithering on some parts, all that fun stuff. I'm also currently deliberating if I should continue the dithering transition style or if I should do like a smooth transition style.
Ikroth
Citizen

Post by Ikroth »

I wrote a terrain generator quickly, based on the diamond square algorithm. It came out pretty well, I think. It looks like a Tycho album art generator.

Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

georgeprosser wrote:I'm working on drill_bit, a lo-fi asteroid mining arcade game.
Very cool - I love how you only have two colors and still get so much feeling across with just a bit of camera shake and particles. Are there more gifs where these came from? :D
Ikroth wrote:I wrote a terrain generator quickly, based on the diamond square algorithm. It came out pretty well, I think. It looks like a Tycho album art generator.
Looks neat! Is this for a game or "just for fun"?
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
georgeprosser
Citizen

Post by georgeprosser »

Are there more gifs where these came from?
Interactive tutorial:

Buying an upgrade:

New high score