Error with decompress in Android

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
alberto_lara
Party member

Error with decompress in Android

Post by alberto_lara »

Hi, I'm making a game for Android and I'm testing in on my computer, it works well so far, the thing is, when I try to run it on my smartphone (Android 6.0) I get this error:

I checked on the phone and the app has storage rights, and I'm using the last version (0.10.2) of the apk, any ideas of what can be happening? Maybe it has permission to write but not to read?

Here's the game:
game_app_4.love
(8.87 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
EDIT: I've changed the code to use a simple lua/text file as data (non compressed), and it is still working on my PC, but now I get this error on the phone:

here's the new version:
new.love
(8.87 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
alberto_lara
Party member

Re: Error with decompress in Android

Post by alberto_lara »

UPDATE: I tried it on another Android phone and it worked... not sure what is wrong but it seems to be with my phone/android version/settings (I'll find out and tell you)
trelemar
Prole

Post by trelemar »

Wasn't the loadstring function depreciated? I'm pretty sure it's just "load" now.

Function loadstring is deprecated. Use load instead; it now accepts string arguments and are exactly equivalent to loadstring.
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

you're goddamn right, I still have the decompress error in my phone though, but not in my brother's phone, pretty weird (I'd like to keep the decompress setup)
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

UPDATE: looks like this was fixed some days ago with this: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... -android-6
I'm going to check that out and tell you