game.exe no game?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Karasuro
Prole

game.exe no game?

Post by Karasuro »

Hey guys, so I'm using 11.0 now and it seams when creating a .exe for a game that works as a .love causes Love to say there is no game running. Is anyone else having this issue and how do I fix it? I'm on Windows 7.
test.love
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Working

LINK REMOVED
Not Working..
created using the CMD copy script found in the distribution section of the wiki.

Edit:
Ok, I got it working.. This isn't a game fyi. I'm prototyping movement.
test.zip
(3.56 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Last edited by Karasuro on Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
zorg
Party member

Re: game.exe no game?

Post by zorg »

Did you zip up your game folder itself, or its contents? I'm guessing the former; do the latter and it should work.
Edit: I checked out the zip you posted, the zip combined with the exe was made correctly (although i couldn't test it because of missing dll-s...), so i don't know what the issue could have been; that said, you do need to distribute a few dll files as well, with the exe, otherwise others can't run it.
Last edited by zorg on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Karasuro
Prole

Re: game.exe no game?

Post by Karasuro »

I redid the process again and it's working this time but the contents of the archive haven't changed between the two.. odd. Maybe it was just something with the batch script.