LÖVE 11.1 released!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
fluffy
Prole

Re: LÖVE 11.1 released!

Post by fluffy »

Is there a way of bundling my .love file into the AppImage bundle, the same way that I can bundle my .love file into the Windows executable or the macOS .app? I'm excited for the possibility of finally having a standalone Linux release!
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Linux distros in general move away from ability to run executables from file browser. So using AppImage might not be the best idea.

This didn't used to be a problem but apparently the Windows Way is creeping its way into Linux and this is what it takes to stop it. Frankly, I support it. The Windows Way of handling executables is terrible, it needs to be entirely abolished, but if not that, at least contained to Windows.
fluffy
Prole

Post by fluffy »

I'm aware of that, but this is for distribution on itch.io and Steam.

Anyway, I ended up making a wrapper script that calls the correct AppImage bundle and the .love file so that I can have a "universal" distribution.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Hey, I have a question/suggestion about one of the features in 11.X
"Added formal deprecation warnings, on by default for non-fused games."
Any way to print custom text using these warnings?
Perhaps something like "love.warn(sz)"
That could be handy for debugging, especially on mobile platforms. :)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

fluffy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 pm Is there a way of bundling my .love file into the AppImage bundle, the same way that I can bundle my .love file into the Windows executable or the macOS .app?
Yes, please read https://bitbucket.org/bartbes/love-linu ... Started.md. Note that you can download a premade tarball (see the "other downloads" link on the homepage), so you only need to do the appimage step, and of course the customisation.
DarkShroom
Citizen

Post by DarkShroom »

@slime if he reads it... now yunno the colour thing lol (you'd chucked me a trail example, thanks so much for that), anyway i agree... yeah this required a bit of change through may parts of my code that essentially had to divide and multiple by 255

nice work :)

edit: er sorry grump gave me that code, my mistake, anyway like i say i agree with that change
hasan
Prole

Re: LÖVE 11.1 released! Not updated on Android store yet

Post by hasan »

Hello Every one, this is the first time I write some thing here on the forums :neko: .
Up to this moment, the Apk version on Android store is still 0.10.2 which causes a small problem in case of installing v11.1 APK from love2d.org.
The .love archive is o.k, but When trying to open lua files with ES explorer or sublime(not the real sublime, yet good enough to make love coding easier than the other Android Editors ) well.. the love2-11.1 application doesn't show up among the default applications,is that something to do with the different versions?
KalevTait
Prole

Post by KalevTait »

Just got this version, and as far as I can tell highdpi is no longer working on Mac. Can someone confirm or deny?

Cheers,
-Kalev
hasan
Prole

Post by hasan »

Just got this version, and as far as I can tell highdpi is no longer working on Mac. Can someone confirm or deny?

Cheers,
-Kalev
In love11.1 reference :
t.window.highdpi (false) boolean
See love.window.getPixelScale, love.window.toPixels, and love.window.fromPixels. It is recommended to keep this option disabled if you can't test your game on a Mac or iOS system with a Retina display, because code will need tweaking to make sure things look correct.
Karamel
Prole

Post by Karamel »

Hi, I'm new to Love, I got the 11.1 version, when I open Love the no-game screen is only white, and an example do not work. I use Win 10.