[RESOLVED] i compile the .love and it dont run

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
nickelodeon0077
Prole

[RESOLVED] i compile the .love and it dont run

Post by nickelodeon0077 »

i compiling my .love, put in the love folder and dont open
the windows throw me a message:

this aplication dont run in your pc

i dont know what is the problem

p.s. i tryed with other .love's and all return the same problem

the archive its a serie of folders EXTRCT IT!!!
Last edited by nickelodeon0077 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zorg
Party member

Re: i compile the .love and it dont run

Post by zorg »

Okay, so good news is that the .love file that's the deepest inside was packed with zip, and it has the contents of the project folder, not the folder itself, so that runs correctly, in that löve finds the code and executes it, regardless whether it errors or not. (I have no idea why you rar-ed up the whole project folder a second time though)

You want to use dots in require not forward, backward or double backward slashes; that causes an error.

Also, how exactly are you trying to compile your .love?

I'm guessing you mean you want to make it into an .exe file?
In that case, you need to combine it with love.exe in the command line, and then run it next to the .dll-s that löve has, or in the simplest of ways, leave the created exe in that folder where love.exe is.

Maybe you copied them together wrong? the Game_Distribution#Creating_a_Windows_Executable explains how one needs to do it: copy /b love.exe+LovePixelFx.love LovePixelFx.exe
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Looking at componnents/FileCreator.lua showed some bits of very system-specific code. That obviously won't work in my Linux system.
nickelodeon0077
Prole

pgimeno wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:47 pm Looking at componnents/FileCreator.lua showed some bits of very system-specific code. That obviously won't work in my Linux system.
i know i will repair this, i maked this because i dont understand how love.filesystem work.
thank you for the comment
nickelodeon0077
Prole

zorg wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:43 am Okay, so good news is that the .love file that's the deepest inside was packed with zip, and it has the contents of the project folder, not the folder itself, so that runs correctly, in that löve finds the code and executes it, regardless whether it errors or not. (I have no idea why you rar-ed up the whole project folder a second time though)

You want to use dots in require not forward, backward or double backward slashes; that causes an error.

Also, how exactly are you trying to compile your .love?

I'm guessing you mean you want to make it into an .exe file?
In that case, you need to combine it with love.exe in the command line, and then run it next to the .dll-s that löve has, or in the simplest of ways, leave the created exe in that folder where love.exe is.

Maybe you copied them together wrong? the Game_Distribution#Creating_a_Windows_Executable explains how one needs to do it: copy /b love.exe+LovePixelFx.love LovePixelFx.exe
thank you bro, you lesson to me use dots to ives "slashes" and i changed the order .love + .exe to .exe + .love and go correct