Love2D 11.2 Requirements? [SOLVED]

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Darlex
Party member

Re: Love2D 11.2 Requirements?

Post by Darlex »

zorg wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:48 am
Darlex wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:38 pm
Stifu wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:24 am What do you mean "requirements"? Hardware, software? To run what, a "hello world"?
A fricking lot of IF statements and For loops.
Yeah, the requirement for that is you need a computer with a processor and not a vegetable or a wooden chair... :monocle:

An intel 8080 can execute ifs and fors just as well as an intel skylake i7-6700K, the only significant difference (besides the architectural like branch predictions and # of cores) is that whereas the latter can do approximately 4 000 000 000 cycles (not instructions) per second (per core), the former can do only 2 000 000, or naively, there's a 2000x difference between them in speed, and 41 years in terms of when they were first released.

That said, other libs that Löve itself uses may pose a smidge stricter restrictions on hardware elements, but usually, a computer up to the last decade should suffice. As i said before though, things like what you mentioned depend heavily on you, the developer, to write code that's not sub-par in terms of efficiency. (where it's possible to do so.)
i run my code on a intel pentium gold kaby lake and it works very well (someway)
Hi! I wish you have an amazing day!