Possession (formerly Possession 2) - Release Date: July 18th!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Love Expert
Prole

Re: Possession (formerly Possession 2) - Release Date: July 18th!

Post by Love Expert »

Hello, my name's Grimwald. I am an expert at the Love2d game development framework as well as the Lua programming language and programming in general. I also am a grandmaster of game design and have been involved in the creation of a Ludum Dare entry -- more than once. While sipping on my cognac this fine, late-spring afternoon I have came across your game in this unsightly thread on these meager forums. It appears you have made substantial progress since the initial phases of development and I must commend you on releasing a finished product, not a common feat in this age of our digitally-distracted youth. I do wish you much success and will proceed to spread word of your game to the folks at the lodge this weekend. Thank you for sharing with us detailed accounts of your development milestones -- we certainly can learn a lot from your failures and setbacks, and your successes provide inspiration for all of us, from the humble pottery makers to the proud deep sea divers. I will keep an image of this game in the back of my mind the next time I go on an archeological excursion, a little hobby of mine which has led me to some international renown and as well as some more than substantial personal wealth. I wouldn't say you've heard of me on the news, though, since I operate mainly in the seedy underworld of the global black markets for certain artifacts. Again, I thank you for your contribution to our culture, and I am convinced that future generations will come to cherish it.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

^Intetesting copypasta / weird flex, but ok.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Love Expert
Prole

Post by Love Expert »

I have shared this thread with one of my mistresses and she expressed great excitement to play the final product. After some protestations from my side, she managed to convince me to create an account at the Steam Gaming Platform by Valves Incorporated and add Possessed to my wishlist. I looked for a guestbook as well, but was not able to find one. At any rate, your creation has left a phenomenal impact on my love life and I am now feeling inspired to create a game of my own. I'll let the guys at the lodge know I can't make it today. They'll make do without their Senior Deacon for one week.
Love Expert
Prole

Post by Love Expert »

Hello, Love Expert here again. I have hit the high waters and am making my way to exciting new lands in distant seas. In many ways, this is a journey of self discovery for me as, inspired by recent advances in archeological surveying techniques, I have made off in search of elusive and mysterious ancient temples hidden deep beneath the waves. Indeed, the object of my travels holds much promise as a virgin site rife with potential discoveries to be made. I won't elaborate much more at this point, except to say that my destination is a miniscule island in the pristine Mediterranean. I will keep this forum updated on my progress and any findings that I may make, with the exception, of course, of any recovered artifacts, which I will quietly pawn off to fund my future endeavors and lavish lifestyle.
Rickton
Party member

Post by Rickton »

A week until Possession comes out! Be sure to wishlist it if you're interested! https://store.steampowered.com/app/629340/Possession/

You can also hear the full soundtrack at https://weirdfellows.bandcamp.com/
Possession - Escape from the Nether Regions, my roguelike made in LÖVE for the 2013 7-Day Roguelike Challenge
And its sequel, simply called Possession , which is available on itch.io or Steam, and whose engine I've open-sourced!
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Congratulations on the release!
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Lacotemale
Citizen

Post by Lacotemale »

@Rickton - First of all, I've logged in specifically to give congrats on the game release. Its very inspiring to see a person launch a game due to sheer determination and belief in the end goal. Where do I submit bug reports? The demo crashed on me earlier and I don't know how to let you know other than posting here.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Congrats!
Rickton
Party member

Post by Rickton »

Lacotemale wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 pm @Rickton - First of all, I've logged in specifically to give congrats on the game release. Its very inspiring to see a person launch a game due to sheer determination and belief in the end goal. Where do I submit bug reports? The demo crashed on me earlier and I don't know how to let you know other than posting here.
Thanks!
You can post here or PM me, although I made a new topic once the gam was released that'd probably be better to use going forward: https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=86911
Possession - Escape from the Nether Regions, my roguelike made in LÖVE for the 2013 7-Day Roguelike Challenge
And its sequel, simply called Possession , which is available on itch.io or Steam, and whose engine I've open-sourced!
deströyer
Prole

Post by deströyer »

@Rickton Congratulations! To see you stick with it and work consistently at it has been super inspiring!