Pasciön IDE

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Guiazsan
Prole

Pasciön IDE

Post by Guiazsan »

Hello Everyone!
My name is Guilherme Azevedo Santos, i'm developer and i've seen about many IDE's for Löve2D, but i've noticed that these IDE's don't supply many needs for the developers.

Based on this, i'm developing the Pasciön IDE, focused on needs said by the users that i found in this forum.

The Pasciön IDE was made in Objectve-Pascal Language and currently contains a code editor for lua, a project manager, a runner, and a output console.

I still intend to make a debbuger ,and a easy scene editor, whitout need edit code for change the game scenario.

https://github.com/Guiazsan/Pascion

Then i would like you to use and give me a feedback, so that I can then improve and be able to meet the needs of the Löve 2D developers ;) .

Sorry my English :crazy: .
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Pasciön IDE

Post by pgimeno »

Hello! I love the idea, and I'm very interested in this project.

However, I could not compile it. There are missing dependencies and no clue of how to obtain and install them. I see PascionPack is in Components, but there's no indication of where to get KControlsLaz and richmemopackage. It would be nice if the readme contaned an installation guide for those who want to compile it from source. Apparently it needs certain fonts to be installed in the system as well; that needs to be documented too.

In order to reach a wider audience including myself, it needs internationalization (support for multiple languages). I've done that in past with a Delphi program, so I could help there.

But being hosted on Microsoft GitHub means I'm unable to collaborate; however I can suggest changes through notabug.org.

Finally, I see you're including binaries inside the repository. That makes the download much bigger for those who clone it, unnecessarily, and clobbers the history. Best is to add the binary files to .gitignore (*.o, *.ppu, Love2DIDE). In most git platforms you distribute the binaries through the releases, not through the repository. Currently, .gitignore seems to be configured for Delphi, not for Lazarus, so it's not ignoring the correct files.
Guiazsan
Prole

Re: Pasciön IDE

Post by Guiazsan »

pgimeno wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 am Hello! I love the idea, and I'm very interested in this project.

However, I could not compile it. There are missing dependencies and no clue of how to obtain and install them. I see PascionPack is in Components, but there's no indication of where to get KControlsLaz and richmemopackage. It would be nice if the readme contaned an installation guide for those who want to compile it from source. Apparently it needs certain fonts to be installed in the system as well; that needs to be documented too.

In order to reach a wider audience including myself, it needs internationalization (support for multiple languages). I've done that in past with a Delphi program, so I could help there.

But being hosted on Microsoft GitHub means I'm unable to collaborate; however I can suggest changes through notabug.org.

Finally, I see you're including binaries inside the repository. That makes the download much bigger for those who clone it, unnecessarily, and clobbers the history. Best is to add the binary files to .gitignore (*.o, *.ppu, Love2DIDE). In most git platforms you distribute the binaries through the releases, not through the repository. Currently, .gitignore seems to be configured for Delphi, not for Lazarus, so it's not ignoring the correct files.
Thanks for letting me know about these issues, i'll try to resolve all the problem during this week.