Building a Free Library of Images for Everyone

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
monolifed
Party member

Re: Building a Free Library of Images for Everyone

Post by monolifed »

YoungNeer wrote: I don't want to sound rude and all that but
Last edited by monolifed on Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Matyas
Party member

Post by Eric Matyas »

Hey guys,

Wow, that was quite a discussion you all had! A couple of things to keep in mind: my texture images are really meant to be building blocks for things. While the most obvious use for them is probably 3D models, I think that they could be used to create all kinds of other interesting things...like 2D tiles for example. Remember, you can edit/combine them any way you like...so you could chop them up, for example, and use just parts of them to create brand new things. Give it a try...it's a lot of fun! :-)

That said, this week’s new seamless textures are all fantasy textures:

TXR - METAL - Seamless
Some grungy textures…perhaps for urban-based structures or sci-fi things?
https://soundimage.org/txr-metal-seamless/

TXR – ROCK / STONE – Fantasy
These don’t exist in reality but are combinations of other images that I’ve created.
https://soundimage.org/txr-rock-stone-fantasy/

Have a good week and keep being creative!
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

Sorry for that stupid post. Eric if you are reading this then i'm sorry for all that. I just wanted you to make art the way kenney does it. Because ofcourse I should have known that these are 3d textures when I read the word seamless. But I over-looked it and again sorry for that hard-core criticism. Although some people rightly pointed out that it wasn't really a criticism - i was just being a jerk and that's all!
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

YoungNeer wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:04 am Sorry for that stupid post. Eric if you are reading this then i'm sorry for all that. I just wanted you to make art the way kenney does it. Because ofcourse I should have known that these are 3d textures when I read the word seamless. But I over-looked it and again sorry for that hard-core criticism. Although some people rightly pointed out that it wasn't really a criticism - i was just being a jerk and that's all!
Good thing you've learned your lesson ☺
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

yetneverdone wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 am Good thing you've learned your lesson ☺
People make mistakes :ultrahappy: and if u see from my perspective that is good cause then they learn from it

(In any case in my defense I'd say that I originally said nothing about Eric's textures. I just saw this page (https://soundimage.org/art-glass-objects/) and I really didn't like the glass objects. And to be honest I didn't look at any texture - so I didn't say anything about textures (i said images but I should have been more specific cause texture is also an image) And I did praise for the SFX.)

Anyways let's forget the whole thing. That's a good idea :awesome:
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

If you admitted your mistake, stop "defending" it. Lol
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

yetneverdone wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 am If you admitted your mistake, stop "defending" it. Lol
I think you are unaware of the controversy (see zorg's reply)
https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=86958
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

YoungNeer wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:39 am
yetneverdone wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 am If you admitted your mistake, stop "defending" it. Lol
I think you are unaware of the controversy (see zorg's reply)
https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=86958
Can't stand not having the last word, huh? I think you're still obtuse; yetneverdone's right, stop bringing shit up again that people considered a closed topic, and are tired of hearing already. It's nigh time people stop derailing threads, is it not?

Edit:
zorg wrote:I will still correct anyone, you included, on the forums, if they say something that's untrue, by the way; it's only fair.
Guess you really can't take not having the last word, as seen from the post below :3
Btw, you're also continuing said derailment... :o:
Last edited by zorg on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

zorg wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:59 am Can't stand not having the last word, huh? I think you're still obtuse; yetneverdone's right, stop bringing shit up again that people considered a closed topic, and are tired of hearing already. It's nigh time people stop derailing threads, is it not?
I remember someone promised not to derail any of my posts with their hatred
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

ingsoc451 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:49 pm Think about it a little, it might also true for his textures.
Okay so let's get fundamental here. I never did say anything about his texture. I didn't even have a look at ANY of his texture when I made this post. All i had seen was some ART images like this one https://soundimage.org/art-glass-objects/ and of-course some SFX and music. And I only talked about that - the reason why I said images and not textures. But as you know zorg is an expert in manipulating your words.

For eg.-
My original reply
YoungNeer wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:00 pm I don't want to sound rude and all that but most of your art (i won't say all) is useless for games.....
[/quote]

I said ART and not a thing about texture and I bet even Eric himself will admit that his art is not very useful in context of games (for reference see this image which is basically a rasterization of a 3d model but let's not get to that)

And my last reply to zorg:-
zorg wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:44 pm That was exactly what I was trying to say from the beginning but you took it personally like Eric was your boyfriend or something (no offense :crazy: )
And then her reply to that was rational:-
zorg wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:37 pm Yeah, no worries, i usually don't take offense, not even for implications like that; not sure about Eric though.
But yeah, i'm fine with stopping this discussion.
Guess what she didn't mean anything what she said (you'll figure out) she was only making herself sound very open-minded and all that which in reality she wasn't (I don't want to bad-mouth about her - she may even be an awesome person when you come to know her personally - but in my case she has only portrayed me as a villain of her story and as an irrational 9 year kid in the community which is not acceptable at all.

So anyways her reply to a different post
zorg wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:32 pm - In one of Eric Matyas' threads, i should have called you out on actually being rude and saying that his textures are useless on these forums, but i made the mistake of inquiring why you believed that, then you insinuated i wanted to protect him from negativity due to an assumed, and tbh non-existent sexual relationship
There are two fundamental errors in her post which I even PMed her but she didn't reply anything to that. The errors if you didn't deduct already are:-

When did I say Eric's textures are useless.

I was talking about the art (and believe me I was really confused when everyone was using the word texture but I went back to the site and re-visited the page and from no angle did this image look like a texture to me. And that was when I discovered textures (which I really didn't pay attention to earlier. Cause my attention was only on the "Free Original 2D Game Art" thing) and in almost the same time I got this guy's reply sending me a screenshot of some game which I think was made using Eric's textures. And note that when zorg replied to me that these were 3d textures and all that - I only corrected her that you can't use 3d textures in 2d games (it would look ugly otherwise) - atleast in most cases you coudn't. And even then I said nothing such as textures were useless. So the gist of it is I never said Eric's textures were useless?

When did I say anything about anyone's sexual relationship with anyone

Never have I used the term 'sexual' nor the term 'relationship' in the forums except in this post and that only to refer to what zorg said to describe in one word was 'super-irrational' She claims to work in some Service tech company but I doubt she is actually a pulp-fiction writer (no offense but she is really good at manipulating one's words and making something out of it that was never actually meant.)

Edit: The word boyfriend was used in a light-hearted way (at it had nothing to do with whether you are boy or girl. The place where we live it's a common bash and no-one makes a big deal out of it. Even my friends have sometimes said that to me - "Is he your boyfriend?" not that I'm gay but it's just my countrymen who are very open-minded in my opninion) and was never meant to be taken in a literal sense but she took it literally. And she did she didn't bother to consult the dictionary - cause Oxford says "sexual or romantic partner" but she stopped at sexual which I never meant on first place.

Anyways in the part of the world where I live people use the word 'boyfriend' in a completely different way. Infact I remember one of our teachers told us in grade 6 (or maybe 5) - "There's nothing wrong in the word boyfriend. It just means "boy"+"friend" = "boyfriend"", but she also pointed out that "Some-people use it in a completely different sense. All I could say is stay away from such people."

And about me being a narcissist. Let's talk about that - cause I want to end this right here) Zorg called me a narcissist based on my reply which I wrote in jest. In UE forums lots of people talk about making AAA games and no-one calls anyone narcissist or even bashes them - cause either they believe they will or they know they are joking. But zorg couldn't take the joke when I said something about benefiting humanity - what more i never said I was going to benefit humanity - I only said - "How the community could." But then again making a pizza out of words is your speciality (right zorg) and that counts for the 3rd error in her post but the third one was not a big deal so I didn't add weight to it
Last edited by YoungNeer on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:25 am, edited 6 times in total.