Blacklisted

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
pgimeno
Party member

Blacklisted

Post by pgimeno »

I'm exclusively using Tor for browsing, out of being sick of privacy violations by certain agencies. I just got this notice when trying to preview a message I was going to send:

Your IP 185.36.100.145 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=185.36.100.145.

If this situation persists, it looks like I won't be able to access this forum in the near future. Development of Thrust II Reloaded will go on in GitHub, though the code itself is now nearly complete (I was going to make an announcement about that, not sure if I will be able to). I will no longer be able to contact the graphic artist I was in contact with through PM, so the graphics may not be renewed. Sorry about that.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Blacklisted

Post by pgimeno »

This seemed to happen only for one particular Tor exit node. So far everything's back to normal. Sorry for the noise.
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

Tor exit nodes are often blacklisted as they are commonly involved in abuse. Spamhaus keeps a reputable list of IPs to block and so this probably will happen again and mit only on these forums.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

The recent switch to CloudFlare may make this happen in the near future. CloudFlare tends to blacklist every Tor node over time, so I may end up being unable to post in this forum.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

If you're concerned with privacy you shouldn't be using FBI honeypot network. I assume you already disable scripts, cookies and storage, because otherwise you get tracked regardless; if your ISP doesn't provides you with a static IP that's the extent of precautions you should be using and an overlay network is superfluous for the purpose.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Yes I disable scripts and storage. I have cookies disabled in general, and maintain them regularly. I've found out that now the Löve domains also insert the __cfduid CloudFlare cookie and I also remove it regularly (because I have love2d.org whitelisted for cookies). I even have Facebook blocked at the domain level. Thanks for your advice, but all that is besides the point; the point was to let people know that if CF use is not reverted, I may disappear soon.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Cloudflare does not automatically block visitors who use the Tor network.
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... on-Routing

Rest assured, I have no intention of blocking Tor visitors.

The switch to Cloudflare was necessary in order to keep the website accessible to as many people as possible.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

thelinx wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:04 am
Cloudflare does not automatically block visitors who use the Tor network.
I know, but that's the effective result in the long term. I usually oppose conspiracy theories but I'll make one exception to say that one can't help wondering if the DoS was sponsored by CF, as it makes little sense.

Ironically,
(and no, I won't enable cookies and JS to solve the captcha)

thelinx wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:04 am Rest assured, I have no intention of blocking Tor visitors.

The switch to Cloudflare was necessary in order to keep the website accessible to as many people as possible.
I know, I'm not blaming anyone. I just didn't want to disappear without notice.