What you got for X-MAS.

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Ryne
Party member

What you got for X-MAS.

Post by Ryne »

So I got an iPod Touch 4th Gen. It's pretty ballin', but I can't jailbreak it yet. I also got some clothes, and some other random stuff, but nothing worth mentioning.

How about you?
@rynesaur
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: What you got for X-MAS.

Post by TechnoCat »

My father bought me a Drobo FS, a Mackie 402-VLZE, and a Shure SM57.
I bought him a fire extinguisher, a Rebel XSI lens cap, and luggage tags. I love that Amazon 2-day shipped the fire extinguisher free. :crazy:
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

I'm halfway through Christmas (still have some gifts from my mom that I haven't received yet), but so far I've gotten some money, an electric toothbrush and a morning gown.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

I got a radio alarm clock with a huge light on top. Because I have trouble waking up living on my own. My own brain apparently wanted to fix that, so I now sleep very light, which isn't perfect either.

For the party I threw the day before yesterday, some of my friends got me a freaking TV. (The girl who brought it had to go by train, it was full and nobody would stand up for her. :shock:)
nevon wrote:I'm halfway through Christmas (still have some gifts from my mom that I haven't received yet), but so far I've gotten some money, an electric toothbrush and a morning gown.
No towel?

You gotta know where your towel is.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
nevon

Post by nevon »

Robin wrote:
nevon wrote:I'm halfway through Christmas (still have some gifts from my mom that I haven't received yet), but so far I've gotten some money, an electric toothbrush and a morning gown.
No towel?
Not yet, but we're going to my girlfriend's mother and her family today, so I might get one later.
Elvenrix
Prole

Post by Elvenrix »

I got a Rubik's Revolution from my brother, i am really into twisting puzzles, so it fit nicely in my collection :)
partymetroid
Citizen

Post by partymetroid »

I got a special (and early) Christmas present: a PS3. I went to buy it early because Wal Mart was having a special: $100 gift card free with purchase. Naturally I took them up on that offer. :megagrin: I bought Uncharted 2 with the gift card for $40; it was also on sale.

My 'Net friend (whom I've known for a long) gave me a choice of any Steam game that was $10 or below -- I asked him to buy me a Playstation Store code from Amazon.com for Grandia (a PSOne JRPG for those not in "the know" :monocle:) because he had always told me about how awesome it is. He did buy it for me. And it is awesome. :)

My uncle is going to buy me this: a video training series from Blendercookie.com (both parts). I want to get into 3D modeling for, especially, game development. Who knows, maybe I won't succeed at it. But at least learning will be fun. :neko: I always find Jonathan Williamson's video tutorials to be extremely enjoyable to watch... I'm sure this won't disappoint. :awesome:

Gonna go to my sister's house (five hour drive) with the rest of my family (excepting one of my brothers, who is in Colorado).

AWESOME CHRISTMAS IS AWESOME! :D
nevon

Post by nevon »

partymetroid wrote:I asked him to buy me a Playstation Store code from Amazon.com for Grandia (a PSOne JRPG for those not in "the know" :monocle:) because he had always told me about how awesome it is. He did buy it for me.
Drop whatever it is you're doing right now and play it. NOW!

It's by far the best game I have ever played.
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

nevon wrote:
partymetroid wrote:I asked him to buy me a Playstation Store code from Amazon.com for Grandia (a PSOne JRPG for those not in "the know" :monocle:) because he had always told me about how awesome it is. He did buy it for me.

looking at screenshots of Grandia, I sort-of kind of definitely probably want to play it. Gonna go dig up my PS1, BRB.
@rynesaur
partymetroid
Citizen

Post by partymetroid »

nevon wrote:

Yeah, man! I was already 19 hours into it when I posted that. (I haven't played it since as I've been trying off and on to go to sleep.) The characters are great, the dialogue is witty, the storyline is epic... very inspiring as an aspiring game writer. :) Somehow I found some virtual parallels between it and the (somewhat) "drastic" (and of course!) tentative revision I'm making to the storyline of A Whiff of Steam. Look forward to that, btw!