lQuery

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: lQuery

Post by nevon »

BlackBulletIV wrote:Lol :). Just know that if you go with Bazaar you won't have GitHub or BitBucket.
He'll have Launchpad instead. Which is actually kind of fucked, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
RPG
Party member

Post by RPG »

Launchpad/Bazaar is closed - it doesn't works for me.
genericdave
Citizen

Post by genericdave »

nevon wrote:He'll have Launchpad instead. Which is actually kind of fucked, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
I've enjoyed using Bazaar so far, but I don't have any experience with Launchpad. In what ways is it fucked?
RPG wrote:Launchpad/Bazaar is closed - it doesn't works for me.
No prob. You've got a few options to choose from. There's also Mercurial and git. Give them all a shot and see what you like. Using a versioning system is absolutely critical to maintaining sanity once a project gets largish. Doesn't matter so much which one you choose as long as you use it.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

genericdave wrote:
nevon wrote:He'll have Launchpad instead. Which is actually kind of fucked, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
I've enjoyed using Bazaar so far, but I don't have any experience with Launchpad. In what ways is it fucked
I've used it for a couple of projects. My biggest gripe with it is that you can't remove repositories. Once you've created them, they're there until the heat death of the universe. The reasoning behind it being that even if you no longer wish to store your code there, the open source community might want to use it. Besides that, it's really just lacking some of the amenities that github, gitorious or bitbucket provide.
genericdave
Citizen

Post by genericdave »

Alright, after a bit more research and playing around, I've decided that Mercurial rocks some major socks. Bitbucket seems quite nice as well. Now I can pretend to be a big grown-up programmer! :awesome:
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

genericdave wrote:Alright, after a bit more research and playing around, I've decided that Mercurial rocks some major socks. Bitbucket seems quite nice as well. Now I can pretend to be a big grown-up programmer! :awesome:
Mercurial and BitBucket are my favorite. Also, free unlimited private repos for students: http://blog.bitbucket.org/2011/04/01/fr ... -students/
RPG
Party member

Post by RPG »

I can create my own repo on my server, I don't need hosting. I tried to create svn server, but...
genericdave
Citizen

Post by genericdave »

TechnoCat wrote:Mercurial and BitBucket are my favorite. Also, free unlimited private repos for students: http://blog.bitbucket.org/2011/04/01/fr ... -students/
Holy shit! Free unlimited hosting! I'm never going back!
RPG wrote:I can create my own repo on my server, I don't need hosting. I tried to create svn server, but...
You plan on putting the source up for us to look at and play with, right? If that's the case, setting up your own repository server would probably be way more trouble than it's worth, especially for someone who's just getting started with versioning systems. Try Mercurial + Bitbucket. It's simple as hell.
RPG
Party member

Post by RPG »

Okay, github works fine.

https://github.com/scriptum/Monopoly
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Well done!