Logo

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
brozenadenzen
Prole

Logo

Post by brozenadenzen »

Hi, I actually didn't know how to name this topic. My question is is there a way for me to make love2d display my logo (something like a symbol) at the beginning of my game without the love2d frame. Something like a fade-in fade-out effect of only a figure/symbol. I can't really give links to examples, but imagine it something like a png image of a golden statuette with transparent background (so it would appear only the statuette on your desktop) for some seconds, then fade-out and from there the regular stuff, like menu etc etc. So I guess my main question is how to remove temporarily the love2d frame? Thanks in advance :D
tentus
Inner party member

Re: Logo

Post by tentus »

Could you take a screenshot of what you think the "love2d frame" is? Because I have no idea what you are referring to.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
brozenadenzen
Prole

Post by brozenadenzen »

There it is the frame, and a sample image. I was wondering is it possible that on a loading screen just the horse to be displayed, no background, no frame, no nothing, just the horse.
Attachments
pic1.png
pic1.png (69.59 KiB) Viewed 3492 times
Frame.png
Frame.png (84.89 KiB) Viewed 3492 times
eyeck
Prole

Post by eyeck »

So you want a borderless, transparent window with that image rendered onto it? Unfortunately, Love does not have any support for that. Or, if it does, it isn't documented anywhere and I;m certainly not aware of it. Off the top of my head, I do know that Qt makes it pretty easy to do this and has Lua bindings (lqt - although I've never personally used it); hypothetically you could use Qt to draw the image on the screen and then close the Qt window and switch over to Love, but frankly that's a lot of overhead for a simple splash screen.