Rockwell, Papyrus, Skia

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Gangles
Prole

Rockwell, Papyrus, Skia

Post by Gangles »

Hey gang,

I've put together a second LÖVE game, called Rockwell, Papyrus, Skia. The goal of the game is to identify which text sample won the game of rock, paper, scissors based on their typeface. I wrote a bit about the design decisions and inspiration for the game on my blog.

You can download the game here:
RPSSource.zip
(489.5 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
(Mirror)
appleide
Party member

Re: Rockwell, Papyrus, Skia

Post by appleide »

At first I was a bit confused and clicked randomly...
Future players: The font of the text on top matches one of "Rock, Paper, Scissors" in the middle. Same for text on bottom. So now that you know which one is what, click on the one that would "win".

Its pretty amusing ;)
Alex
Prole

Post by Alex »

Weird. I was at a party on Friday and someone mentioned this game. I had no idea it was done in LÖVE.
Sslaxx
Citizen

Post by Sslaxx »

This is an intriguing little title! Nicely done.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

this totally fucks my brain O_o
appleide wrote:At first I was a bit confused and clicked randomly...
Future players: The font of the text on top matches one of "Rock, Paper, Scissors" in the middle. Same for text on bottom. So now that you know which one is what, click on the one that would "win".
what? o_O
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Gangles
Prole

Post by Gangles »

Alex wrote:Weird. I was at a party on Friday and someone mentioned this game. I had no idea it was done in LÖVE.
I only released this game on Saturday, so it must have been a different game unfortunately.

...unless you happen to live in Montreal, because I showed the prototype to a few people beforehand.

qubodup wrote:this totally fucks my brain O_o
appleide wrote:At first I was a bit confused and clicked randomly...
what? o_O
In the screenshot above, the top text sample is in the same font as the word "Paper", and the bottom text sample is in the same font as the word "Rock". Paper beats Rock, so click the top text sample to win the round. Make sense now? :)
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Gangles wrote:In the screenshot above, the top text sample is in the same font as the word "Paper", and the bottom text sample is in the same font as the word "Rock". Paper beats Rock, so click the top text sample to win the round. Make sense now? :)
Oh my ^^

My brain explodes at the attempt to see the difference between two sans-serif fonts O_o
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

qubodup wrote:My brain explodes at the attempt to see the difference between two sans-serif fonts O_o
It's pretty hard, but letter spacing differs slightly with the sans-serif fonts ;). Now, I only lose if I click on the one that would be the loser.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Alex
Prole

Post by Alex »

Gangles wrote:...unless you happen to live in Montreal, because I showed the prototype to a few people beforehand.
I actually do live in Montreal. Damn, I wish I could remember who I heard talking about this. The likely candidates seem to be Jacob or JP...
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Alex wrote:The likely candidates seem to be Jacob or JP...
JP?