TeroTron

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
retrotails
Party member

Re: TeroTron

Post by retrotails »

stripwax wrote:Any chance you could make the shader pixel effects optional? I can't run the latest .love on my lowly netbook :-(
Added 2 versions, and some new settings. Repacking a .love for a single boolean is a pain so there are 2 downloads. Also, thanks, bartbes. Right now it renders a single frame of the mode 7 thing to a texture. It can be canvas and snapshot-free, but it'd have to render it every frame. I tried it once. Cut the FPS from about 1,000 to 500.
stripwax
Prole

Post by stripwax »

Rather than having two separate versions, you can test at runtime whether shaders are supported and enable/disable accordingly. But looks/runs great - thanks!

Thanks for the credit on the plasma - what are your plans for that (just flat texture, or are you thinking of using it as a heightmap?). For performance on startup, you can probably reduce the resolution of that texture somewhat and not really notice - the recursion is actually pretty slow unfortunately :-(
retrotails
Party member

Post by retrotails »

stripwax wrote:...
Thanks for the credit on the plasma - what are your plans for that (just flat texture, or are you thinking of using it as a heightmap?)
It actually won't be on the plane but in the background. It'll replace the current shader background (the final game will not use any shaders because I can't make anything useful) and the plane will use some other texture, possibly procedural as well. Once it's part of the background I'll transform, layer, tile it etc. with color changes to make it look cool. It's possible to make it seamless relatively easily, if I need to.
retrotails
Party member

Post by retrotails »

v1.2 released, see first post. Don't worry, the final will have original music. I probably won't do any more Robotron covers at all let alone for this game. Also, the game is kinda on pause, I need to finish Tero's 3D model and animate him... Blender is enough of a pain with a 3 button mouse, it's nearly impossible with a PS3 controller!
What do you guys think of the insane # of small files in the /lib folder? I like how that works out, messy and organized at the same time.
retrotails
Party member

Post by retrotails »

I added a completely ridiculous shader + canvas thing that makes the game board look absolutely insane and corrupted. It's super, SUPER slow, though. Anybody know if I can make it run any faster? I get 25 FPS at 1440x900... It also slows down over time, reaching... about .2 FPS before I exited it.