PauZ [Demo] - Platform Action Puzzle

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
raen79
Citizen

PauZ [Demo] - Platform Action Puzzle

Post by raen79 »

Hey guys, today, I am presenting you a game I have been working on for the past few weeks. As you would have probably imagined, the game is named PauZ (pronounced pawz). It stands for Platform Action Puzzle.

The title is a perfect reflection of the game's contents. Although I do not want to reveal too much about the game and it's story yet, I can tell you the simple concept. You are a character without colors in a world without colors. The only colors your character has ever seen are in the sky and on his ennemies, you will be on a quest to find out how the world has lost it's colors :). The ending of the game will contain a shocking, but rather interesting revelation.

So there will be two demos released, one today and another one at Christmas, I am hoping to be able to release the final game in March 2013. So here is the demo, and a screenshot ;)

All of the download links: http://pauzattack.blogspot.be/p/downloads.html

My Blog: http://pauzattack.blogspot.be/

Walkthrough:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DLMKX5Y32s[/youtube]
(sorry for the lag, it is because of fraps recording ;))

All of the download links: http://pauzattack.blogspot.be/p/downloads.html

My Blog: http://pauzattack.blogspot.be/

EDIT: Hey guys, there were a lot of bugs in the old version of the demo and I pretty much fixed all of them, if you find any other, please tell. Also tell me wheteher you like the game or not, I really want to know.
Last edited by raen79 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:02 am, edited 9 times in total.
Tesselode
Party member

Re: PauZ [Demo] - Platform Action Puzzle

Post by Tesselode »

The graphics are looking pretty snazzy there!
raen79
Citizen

Post by raen79 »

Thank you very much :)
raen79
Citizen

Post by raen79 »

Up? I really want feedback because I am kind of scared that the game is not that great? :(
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Gee, I hate you.
Err.. nah, not exactly. Fact is, I downloaded 30 mb and find out that it isn't working because of the use of Canvas.
Why not add a love.graphics.isSupported check for Canvas in the code, and simply make the game quit when this check yields false ? Unless provide a canvas-free version ?
I like the graphics, though.
raen79
Citizen

Post by raen79 »

I did not know about isSupported haha :) But I just reuploaded the files like 15 times because I needed to do little ajustments so I think I won't be adding the feature right now. Anyway, thank you for your comment :)
dreadkillz
Party member

Post by dreadkillz »

Here's some feedback:

The sprite spazzes out if I hold space on the ladder. For some reason, I slowed down to walking animation/speed on the second lever before the end of the demo. . Nothing else weird that I noticed.
raen79
Citizen

Post by raen79 »

Hey guys, there were a lot of bugs in the old version of the demo and I pretty much fixed all of them, if you find any other, please tell. Also tell me wheteher you like the game or not, I really want to know.

Also, I uploaded a playthrough for people who have a problem finishing the demo. Sorry for the lag, it is because of fraps recording.
Last edited by raen79 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raen79
Citizen

Post by raen79 »

I know I might sound naggy, but I really need to get some feedback on the NEW version of the demo because I need to know if there are any bugs, how the game feels to you guys, and if you even like it.
g-ho4
Prole

Post by g-ho4 »

I've just finished the demo!
I love the atmosphere of your game (graphics and music), i'm sure that with more content the game can easily become really addictive :crazy:

Hmm i took so much time understanding how to climb the ladder in the tuto that i wanted to look for help in the menu i didn't find anything for my ladder problem^^ Only a bug while pressing Restart on my computer (it freezes the game).