The Love3D R1 Library [V 0.4.2]

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
substitute541
Party member

The Love3D R1 Library [V 0.4.2]

Post by substitute541 »

Now, the project is back again... Actually it isn't even a project, it's now a library :D . This is the discussion thread for the library. Downloads, changelog, and more info, are in my blog.

Documentation are in my Wiki. Feel free to contribute :D

Starting Original Post
Starting old post
Everything below here will be demos(unless stated otherwise.)

Please note, all files here works only for Love 0.8.0. This might work for 0.7.0/.1, but, test at your own risk.

The first one uses the perspective formula. Pretty simple, just use the Q and E keys.

[attachment=2]perspective.love[/attachment]

This one is springing in space. For some reason, it always spawns at the bottom right corner...
...Actually I know why; the origin is at the vanishing points

[attachment=1]perspective3.love[/attachment]

The next one, is a group of rotating balls.

[attachment=0]perspective5.love[/attachment]

The next one is fireworks

perspective7.love

This one are 4 points position by hand

perspective8.love

And here's the final version.

perspective9.love

Yeah the reason why it is transparent, is because I can't sort the quads in the z-space... atleast, not now. You can press the s key to see the vertices and the lines.

BROKEN
Here is the Perspective.lua file. This Lua file has the 2 perspective functions, and the 6 rotate functions(2 which are short versions, 3 which are long versions, and 1 which is for rotating in 2D... just an extra.) If you found any bugs, please report it to me and I will try to fix it. You need Notepad++ or something like that, to open it. However, you can rename the .lua to .txt if you want to open it in your normal text editor(in Windows, Notepad.)

Perspective.lua

BROKEN
This one is the PerspectiveTwo.lua file. Almost the same as above, only removed the long functions, and added a fog simulator, 3D distance-based collision detector, and the 2 Z-Sort functions. Apparently I haven't tested it yet, so yeah. Credit for the zSort function goes to Nixola

PerspectiveTwo.lua

Whew. And you are free to make some experiments.
Attachments
perspective5.love
Rotating groups of balls :D
(1014 Bytes) Downloaded 346 times
perspective3.love
Springing white ball :D. You are free to use the perspective function inside the code.
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
perspective.love
A very simple perspective sim consisting of a ball
(530 Bytes) Downloaded 487 times
Last edited by substitute541 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 am, edited 32 times in total.
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Positive07
Party member

Re: [NEW] The Love3D Project

Post by Positive07 »

Make a square block with textures on everyface that can be seen from any angle and you will be my lord. I mean this is a really difficult task a ball is easy thought but not a square, also the depth isnt the problem but the deformation of objects and lights. Still then well done its a great work with the accelerations!
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEcwGgA_ ... el&list=UL <- You could use that for spheres, its the creator of Snayke's shader, I think.
Lua is not an acronym.
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Wel, I don't think the demo is self-explanatory, by itself. You could have added a background (maybe some walls), to make the 3D effect realistic.
Good work, though.
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

Roland_Yonaba wrote:Wel, I don't think the demo is self-explanatory, by itself. You could have added a background (maybe some walls), to make the 3D effect realistic.
Good work, though.
Yeah^
Lua is not an acronym.
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

Working on simulating velocity and acceleration in perspective. And probably gonna enhance the effect of 3D by adding (coded) gridlines. By the way, did you guys check out the code? :3

coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

substitute541 wrote:Working on simulating velocity and acceleration in perspective. And probably gonna enhance the effect of 3D by adding (coded) gridlines. By the way, did you guys check out the code? :3
Honestly I didn't saw in screen or in the code anything really 3d or fake 3d. Could be mine videocard problem but I only saw a flat white ball being zoomed. If that is 3d, that is already being done is several projects without being innovative or really 3d. Feel free to search and test real 3d/2d with perspective attempts in forum. There are some real ones. But well good luck for project. :)
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

I thought that was a bit obvious. This has nothing to do with your graphics card, 3D modelling with points is still far away. But it will come soon.

substitute541
Party member

Re: [NEW] The Love3D Project (NEW PROJECTS)

Post by substitute541 »

Anyone care to make a reply here? It's been a week without any replies...

dreadkillz
Party member

Re: [NEW] The Love3D Project (NEW PROJECTS)

Post by dreadkillz »

The third demo is bugged. The circle is off screen to the right instead of centered. Looks cool on the 5th demo with the mouse rotation. I think you will get more replies when you have something more than spinning circles. There are also older topics where people have made some impressive pseudo 3d ala doom Wolfenstein style. Your demo is sorta bleh compared to some stuff people have posted.