Using easing equations

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ljdp
Party member

Re: Using easing equations

Post by ljdp »

Well most class "systems" in lua are like the SECS you talk about.
The basics of using classes in lua is just setting the metatable to it's parent, everything else is just a style of coding.
Before lua I used to use gamemaker :roll: and it was very object orientated in that you would create pages and objects, each page would have 'instances' of the objects in them.

In the example above theres a file called page.lua which mimics this functionality. I.e

Code: Select all

pages = {}
pages.__index = pages

function pages:create()
     local page = {}
     setmetatable( page, self )
     return page
end

function pages:draw()
      --draw self
end

game = {}
function load()
      game.page1 = pages:create()
      game.thispage = game.page1
end

function draw()
      game.thispage:draw()
end
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I was actually asking which one you used..
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

oh, >_> well I use my own one
paclito
Prole

Post by paclito »

I've been working and understanding the anim.lua but in the 0009 example, each time i reset the anim the program gets more and more slowly and, when creating the anim, she isn't instantly.

The callback is superb to charge next anim from the array.... my tanks will move alone on the screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen jaaaaaaaaaajajajajajajaj
Attachments
moves3.love
(24.81 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
paclito
Prole

Post by paclito »

The response is in your code I think, the version of anim.lua isn't the most recent argggggggggg!!!

here is the code with the right version.

Next step is to make 2d moves (one enemy that walks from one cornet to another on the screen)

and next change the angle of the enemy when he arrives to a 'point' where point is each position of the array 'positions' and a transition is the walk from one point to another point.
Attachments
moves4.love
(24.81 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
TsT
Party member

Post by TsT »

I got a problem with your moves demo(moves4.love), the animation run to quickly !
I think found the reason, it seems because you update the animation step each call of update().
But the update's call frequency are not fixed.

You should use the delta-time, something like :

Code: Select all

timer = timer + dt
By this way we can setup animation with a fixed number of time.

Best Regards,
My projects current projects : dragoon-framework (includes lua-newmodule, lua-provide, lovemodular, , classcommons2, and more ...)
paclito
Prole

Post by paclito »

ok, I will add more examples to my demos program, actually I`m studyng how to add a callback when the count reaches the end aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand trying to get velocity and acceleration instead of space...... for usage with box2d basdlfjowasdlfoe all of this makes me crazy. I've get my old physics books.... angles, components, formulas........

And the best is that one month ago, i was a happy systems enginneer ..... that has seeing his son gaming with the wiimote and the wiitanks........... arghhh!!! this is the best!!!