CCG: Gangrene

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Elvashi
Prole

CCG: Gangrene

Post by Elvashi »

I've been working on this for the last few days.

Gangrene is (er, will be?) a CCG game set after the Zombie Apocalypse (Original, I know). At this point its just a playable prototype, in need of some better graphics and AI. but it works, and that's the main thing.

At the moment there's just 22 cards, in no particular order:
Bandages, Bloodlust, Craft Shells, Demo Charge, Drug Cocktail, Diverted Package, Diversion, Full-auto, Grenade, Grave Goods, Iodine, Manufacture, Plagueflies, Rush Job, Requisition, Raid, Six-shot, Salvage, Scavenge, Secret Cache, Vaccine, Weapons Stockpile

I welcome comments, thoughts, (constructive) criticism, and of cause art. :3

Planned Improvements:
  • Better AI(s)
  • More cards, in distinct sets (getting there)
  • Load / Save game
  • Pre-designed Scenarios
Gangrene on the Wiki

Attachments
gangrene.love
Gangrene 0.1.5
(247.12 KiB) Downloaded 1351 times
Last edited by Elvashi on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
"We could make a program for doing this for you, but that is for the LÖVE IDE, planned to be released in March 2142." ~mike
Networking with UDP uLove Proposal CCG: Gangrene
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: CCG: Gangrene

Post by Robin »

Interesting. I couldn't play it, though, because I had no clue what to do and what all those cards meant. It kept saying I didn't have enough resources, for example, but I didn't know how to get those resources.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Elvashi
Prole

Post by Elvashi »

Updated: theres three more cards (raid, manufacture, diversion), and I've pointed out in the tooltips that right-clicking discards cards (which is helpful if you are full with cards you can't use).
I've also made the initial splash-screen only show on start-up, rather than at the start of each round :3

@Robin: Certain cards grant resources, mostly the gold-colored ones. I'll probably change it so that you start with some resources, though. As it is you kind of depend on having/quickly gaining loot cards...
"We could make a program for doing this for you, but that is for the LÖVE IDE, planned to be released in March 2142." ~mike
fwoop
Prole

Post by fwoop »

Nice game!
Some bugs:
1) Plagueflies tooltip says +2 plague, where the effect is actually +3.
2) Diversion tooltip says requires 3 supply, but you can play it with less, even 0 supply.
Chief
Party member

Post by Chief »

I enjoy playing this game, even at this early stage! I would really like if you added a little flash effect, or some sparkle-thingies on the numbers (HP, Ammo, etc.) if they change. It would make it easier to notice which numbers that changed since last turn.

EDIT: Would also like to read the info for the cards the enemy used after each round!

Good job!
Elvashi
Prole

Post by Elvashi »

Update!
  • Added 5 more cards ( Bloodlust, Diverted Pacakge, Drug Cocktail, Requisition, Rush Job).
  • Certain log messages now have tooltips, so you can see the details of cards played by your opponent.
  • Also, the AI should now be less likely to play plague curatives when they aren't infected.
  • (and various corrections to cards)
Download is in the original post.
Elvashi
Prole

CCG: Gangrene 0.1.5 update

Post by Elvashi »

Gangrene Updated to 0.1.5!
  • Major change is that there is now a deck Customiser!
    Edit, load, and save decks from the main menu. The deck you have loaded when you leave the screen will be used in the next game.
  • Improved UI code is prettier and more stable.
Download is attached to the initial post.
Punkroku
Prole

Post by Punkroku »

Elvashi wrote:I've been working on this for the last few days.
This game has an great Idea i love it... are you still working on it? Do you want help? Or if you aren't working on it any more can I change the artwork.

I like the idea a Zombie card game with death counter (plague). You have a nice foundation here.
Punkroku
Prole

Post by Punkroku »

My ideas for the game:
There should be infected cards that increase plague just for drawing them from the deck.
The cards should have disease or blood on them...

Do the cards shuffle or are they random? I would like to play test your next version.

Do you have your own library, or are you using cards-master?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1424&p=130074#p130074
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Punkroku, some of the threads you've been replying to are very, very old. Like this one. These games are unlikely to see a new update and in many cases the original authors are long gone. It might be a good idea to check the date of the thread before digging up another dead one. :)
Help us help you: attach a .love.