The codename for LÖVE 11.4 is Mysterious Mysteries. It is currently not released.
Changes from 11.3
- Added native Apple Silicon (arm64) support on macOS.
- Added Body:getLocalPoints.
- Added Font:getKerning.
- Added support for r16, rg16, and rgba16 pixel formats in Canvases.
- Added Shader:send(name, matrixlayout, data, ...) variant, whose argument order is more consistent than
Shader:send(name, data, matrixlayout, ...).
- Changed love.timer.getTime to start at 0 when the module is first loaded.
- Changed certain out-of-Lua-memory situations to show a message box instead of instantly crashing.
- Fixed build-time compatibility with Lua 5.4.
- Fixed code compatibility with math.mod and string.gfind when LuaJIT 2.1 is used.
- Fixed errors on some systems related to > 53 bit pointer addresses, when recent versions of LuaJIT 2.1 are used.
- Fixed drag-and-drop to open a love game on macOS causing love.event.quit("restart") to fail.
- Fixed fused macOS apps opening other love games when drag-and-drop is used (if the fused app hasn't already removed .love files from recognized document types).
- Fixed File:isEOF when called on a dropped file.
- Fixed support for > 2GB dropped files on desktops.
- Fixed love.physics meter scale value persisting after love.event.quit("restart").
- Fixed audio to resume properly after interruption on iOS.
- Fixed love.graphics.newVideo to error instead of crash when an invalid video file is given.
- Fixed initial window creation to set the window's title during creation instead of after.
- Fixed the window's screen position when exiting fullscreen via love.window.setFullscreen.
- Fixed love.displayrotated being given a boolean instead of an enum string.
- Fixed memory corruption and a crash when drawing smooth lines.
- Fixed a crash in Canvas:newImageData when the pixel format's pixel byte size multiplied by its width isn't a multiple of 4.
- Fixed love.graphics.newVolumeImage when explicit mipmaps are provided.
- Fixed freezes and crashes in automatic batching when an AMD GPU is used.
- Fixed love.graphics.print and Image:replacePixels on more AMD/ATI GPUs.
- Fixed Font:setFallbacks to account for different DPI scales in each fallback font.
- Fixed Font:getWrap to not remove trailing newlines.
- Fixed Text:getWidth when the Text's string only contains spaces.
- Fixed a crash with some Intel graphics drivers on Linux.
- Fixed a hang with some Intel graphics drivers on Windows, by preventing gamma correct rendering on affected systems.
- Fixed a crash with some Intel graphics drivers on Windows when mipmapped Canvases are used.
- Fixed texture memory reported by love.graphics.getStats when a volume or array Canvas is created.
- Fixed DXT1 textures which use 1 bit alpha-cutout.
- Fixed rare issues where textures were not sent to shaders correctly.
- Fixed Shader:send(name, data, matrixlayout, ...).
- Fixed quad offsets in ParticleSystems when ParticleSystem:setOffset is not used.
- Fixed rounded rectangles breaking if the rx or ry parameters are negative.
- Fixed rounded rectangle automatic points calculation when rx or ry are more than half the rectangle's size.
- Fixed source code compilation on Xcode 12+.
- Fixed source code compilation on Linux systems that don't provide posix_spawn APIs.