Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla and running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Running love projects from Notepad++
You can use Notepad++ to edit your löve code adding the following in the Run=>Run... command:
Just make sure the path and the variable are quoted.
- Tabbed document interface (You can even have multiline tabs)
- Split screen editing and synchronized scrolling
- Find and replace over multiple documents, including regular expressions
- File comparison
Auto-completion for 0.7.2
With this xml your notepad++ can auto-complete löve functions.
Now supports up to 0.9.0 thanks to Nabakin
- Download the lua.xml and place it in your Notepad++/plugins/APIs/ directory.
- In Notepad++, go to Settings > Preferences in the menu.
- Select the Backup/Auto-Completion tab.
- Make sure "Enable auto-completion on each input" is checked.
- Set it to "Function completion."
- And check "Function parameters hint on input."
XML Download: