nlove (LOVE2D) for Dingoo & Caanoo Handheld

A port replacing OpenGL and OpenAL with SDL. Now defunct.

Moderator: nLÖVE Team

kalle2990
Party member

Re: nlove (LÖVE 0.7.0) beta for Caanoo Handheld

Post by kalle2990 »

That's what I'm about to try :)

EDIT: The no game screen runs slower when not scaled, somehow.. I tried loading the snake.love too. Works great, except the fact I need to use the folder and can't use the .love file.
headchant
Party member

Post by headchant »

after nearly 2 pages of _android_ nlove one might consider creating a dedicated thread for that topic

ontopic:
Can I help start documenting the nlove for caanoo stuff or is there any available somewhere?
kalle2990
Party member

Post by kalle2990 »

I'm trying to get this to work, it seems like pressing the screen slows the game down to 1 FPS, otherwise it seems to keep a straight 15 FPS.. I have experienced that android lags a little when dragging your finger but not this much :cry: Any idea of how I can find a solution?
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

I'm finally getting a Caanoo, and I've been working on making my engine compatible for the past couple days.
Is there an actual list of the unsupported functions? I want to be prepared.
headchant
Party member

Post by headchant »

I don't think there is.

But you should avoid anything that uses opengl. Unfortunately love.translate and love.rotate do not work either. Heck, even love.graphics.setColor doesn't work always. You can get the best performance when you only use "primitives" like love.rectangle, love.circle etc. Otherwise I have to warn you that this is really only a beta(beta as in beta!) and you won't get any high fps.

Got my Caanoo about a month ago and absolutely love it! Only problem right now is that LÖVE is really slow especially when drawing stuff like images :( I hope to contribute to the nlove on Caanoo project(and make it faster) when I find some time in february...maybe lnum bumps up the performance a bit
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Hopefully in time it'll get better. I really want to get one of these things and play with it!
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

redlock wrote:I don't think there is.

But you should avoid anything that uses opengl. Unfortunately love.translate and love.rotate do not work either. Heck, even love.graphics.setColor doesn't work always. You can get the best performance when you only use "primitives" like love.rectangle, love.circle etc. Otherwise I have to warn you that this is really only a beta(beta as in beta!) and you won't get any high fps.

Got my Caanoo about a month ago and absolutely love it! Only problem right now is that LÖVE is really slow especially when drawing stuff like images :( I hope to contribute to the nlove on Caanoo project(and make it faster) when I find some time in february...maybe lnum bumps up the performance a bit
Well, I'm glad my game doesn't use images or translate/scale.
Buddy4point0
Prole

Post by Buddy4point0 »

I've been thinking about buying a gp2x or some other programming handheld for a while now.
I hadn't heard of the caanoo before, but it looks pretty good.

Now that I'm programming with love, and it's working with this handheld, I might consider getting one of these.

What other handhelds does love work with?
And if not love, are their any other popular lua interpreters for handhelds?
╚»ßuddy4point0 ■
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

I got my Caanoo!
How do I register it? I can't figure it out.
I got the client thingy from the website, but I still can't find any registration instructions.
Wait, it's showing up as a disk drive.
headchant
Party member

Post by headchant »

I'll just leave this here.

(P.S: It's a small space invaders clone, only works on caanoo nlove)
Attachments
EarthDefenders.love
(724.35 KiB) Downloaded 1051 times