LSD - Little Sticky Destroyer [Crowdfunding started]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
paranoiax
Prole

Re: LSD - Little Sticky Destroyer [NEW DEMO]

Post by paranoiax »

So, qaisjp and me are planning to make something bigger out of this. Unfortunately we need some cash that we dont have :)
So we're are plannig to crowdfund the game via kickstarter.com or something similiar.
I made this short video:

what do you guys think? would this benefit us? any suggestions?

best regards.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

paranoiax wrote:So, qaisjp and me are planning to make something bigger out of this. Unfortunately we need some cash that we dont have :)
So we're are plannig to crowdfund the game via kickstarter.com or something similiar.
What are you going to do if you don't get funded?
Help us help you: attach a .love.
paritybit
Citizen

Post by paritybit »

I think people will wonder what you need the money for since the video makes it look like you have a complete game.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

paritybit wrote:I think people will wonder what you need the money for since the video makes it look like you have a complete game.
This. (I didn't watch the video before I posted my previous comment.)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
paranoiax
Prole

Post by paranoiax »

We need money to:
  • -license some music and / or hire a musician(composer) for the soundtrack(s)
    -hire a graphics artist
    -eventually hire a level designer
    -get entry to steam greenlight
    -buy qaisjp a better pc (so he can actually make use of the features we're working on - like canvases, fragmentshaders etc)
    -promoting the game will also cost some money
    -we would need an adequate homepage for our game (blog while in development)
For the stretch goal(s):
  • -port the game to corona sdk to publish to iOS and Android (349$ for the license)
    -we would need an an iOS developer license and a mac to publish to the appstore (altough a "cheap" macbook air should do the job)-
    -we would need some Android-Devices for testing (I have iPhones 3gs, 4 and 5 and iPad2+3, so we're already ready and set on the "apple-side")
    -Add additonal gameplay elements (for example more levels, characters, campaigns etc.)
If we don't get founded:
  • -The game will still be published but unfortunately not on steam or mobile devices. It will be less feature-rich and overall develepoment will be quite delayed.
paritybit
Citizen

Post by paritybit »

Good luck! I'd support it.

I like the video, and the demo.
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

I chuckled a little bit when you mentioned I needed money for a better PC... hehe... I can make use of the other PC I am borrowing till December.

We would need money to fund our hosting too - this includes high score hosting, level hosting (for uploading levels to the internets) etc.
I would like to also say the open source one on GitHub isn't as feature rich as the commercial one.
Lua is not an acronym.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Regarding web hosting, do you know Altervista? It offers 500 MB of space and 10 GB/month bandwidth for free, it has PHP4 and toggleable PHP5 and mysql, the only downside is that you haveto use an url like "mysite.altervista.org" if you don't want to pay anything... You could use that until you get funded
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

paranoiax wrote: -we would need an an iOS developer license and a mac to publish to the appstore (altough a "cheap" macbook air should do the job)-
Why do you need a macbook air (~1000$)? Why not just get a used mac mini for like ~100 from ebay?
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

josefnpat wrote:
paranoiax wrote: -we would need an an iOS developer license and a mac to publish to the appstore (altough a "cheap" macbook air should do the job)-
Why do you need a macbook air (~1000$)? Why not just get a used mac mini for like ~100 from ebay?
Like i said I was borrowing a mac, it's actually my sisters' mac and I probably can use it any time I want to... even after December.

Also I am sure we can design levels ourselves, won't be too hard to ask family members too to create some neat levels.
Lua is not an acronym.