Tanks

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
cjd
Prole

Tanks

Post by cjd »

Hi all,
I have attached my recreation of a classic Atari 2600 game. I have used an updated tank graphics modified from:

http://gamesprites.wikicomplete.info/sprite-battle:tank

The rest is my creation. There is still some polishing to be done. My goal is to maintain feel and functionality of the original, but have graphics that don't offend the eye. A friend had an issue with the game crashing when using sound. He is running love inside virtual box in linux. I would be curious if others experience crashes. I have not problems on my Macbook Pro.

Here is a screenshot:
tanks.jpg
tanks.jpg (42.38 KiB) Viewed 3259 times
Attachments
tanks_0.1.1.love
(459.56 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Last edited by cjd on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Tanks

Post by bartbes »

The one time I boot into windows..., but why would he run love in virtualbox anyway?
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

The movement is very janky, and you can't fire with the red player if you're using a laptop keyboard.
cjd
Prole

Post by cjd »

nevon, right alt works fine on my macbook, what would you suggest for pc laptops? Janky movement is intentional to match the original. It is not an action game, more strategy with the slow lumbering tanks. Two players are required of course. Play it with a friend and you might enjoy it, but if you are under 30 you may never understand. I have attached a screen shot from the original for reference:
history4.jpg
history4.jpg (7.94 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
cjd
Prole

Post by cjd »

bartbes wrote:The one time I boot into windows..., but why would he run love in virtualbox anyway?
I think he couldn't get the linux version installed and doesn't run windows.
scirath
Citizen

Post by scirath »

I'm not running virtual, so can't comment on the crashing.

Otherwise, it's pretty fun, although I'll need to do some touching up on things to see anything beside white boxes. (Power of 2 thing on my laptop.) :P
(USER MIGHT BE BANNED FOR THIS POST.)