LÖVE Count

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Pablo
Prole

LÖVE Count

Post by Pablo »

Hi :awesome: , i want to introduce my game made with löve, it's a simple game that i have made in few time, it's about find numbers, yes is just a screen with unordered numbers and you must click them orderly, my goal for this game was to make it in few time and that the game may be if not funny at least entertained, with simple game mechanics. I want to know your opinion about this game (if it can be named a game :oops: ).
Thanks for reading ^^ and im sorry if you can't understand what i wrote but i'm not a native english speaker : :? (feel free to correct me, seriously i want to improve my english skills)

LÖVE Count
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: LÖVE Count

Post by Robin »

Welcome!

You can upload attachments to the forum, that's generally preferred. Also, if you just upload a .love, everyone can click and play it right away. ;)

On improving your English skills: you are not hard to understand at all, but wanting to improve is never a bad thing. :P

The game would be more enjoyable if you give the player some feedback when they click the right number. (For example, the number the player just clicked could disappear if it's the right one).
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Pablo
Prole

Post by Pablo »

Thank you for your comment :D , mmm yes the "game" would be more enjoyable with some feedbacks but i didn't want to spend to much time, i thought it don't worth :crazy: but i learned a lesson it's better to spend some time to make something more playable and enjoyable ^^ .
LuaWeaver
Party member

Post by LuaWeaver »

Pablo wrote:Hi :awesome: , i want to introduce my game made with löve, it's a simple game that i have made in few time, it's about find numbers, yes is just a screen with unordered numbers and you must click them orderly, my goal for this game was to make it in few time and that the game may be if not funny at least entertained, with simple game mechanics. I want to know your opinion about this game (if it can be named a game :oops: ).
Thanks for reading ^^ and im sorry if you can't understand what i wrote but i'm not a native english speaker : :? (feel free to correct me, seriously i want to improve my english skills)

Edited: Hi :awesome:, I (single letter I's are capital) want to introduce my game I (makes sentence flow more easily) made with love. (Period, no run ons!) It's a simple game I made in in a (few is considered a singular noun, needs an article. Always ambiguous, so it is "a few") few minutes. (Period again, and specify what measurement of time, i.e minute, hour, day, millennial...) Yes, it (pronoun here, needs a subject) is just a screen with unordered numbers, (comma, better sentence flow) and (conjunction after comma) you must click them in order (orderly is an adjective, "in order" is an adverb.). My goal for this game was to make it in a few minutes, and that the game may be fun (funny is laughing, fun is enjoyable). (Removed part about at least entertaining, same thing as fun) It has (replaces with because of removed area) simple game mechanics. I want to know your opinion about the (we know which one, you don't have to specify more than "the".) game. (If it can be named a game :oops:).
Thanks for reading ^^.
"your actions cause me to infer your ego is the size of three houses" -finley
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Great job, LuaWeaver. One small thing:
LuaWeaver wrote:(orderly is an adjective, "in order" is an adverb.)
"orderly" is actually an adverb as well as an adjective (and a noun ;)), although uses as adverb are now rare or obsolete.

"in order" is better, although it misses something... "in the right order", perhaps?
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Pablo
Prole

Post by Pablo »

Hi. Thank you for your corrections, it is so complicated :? , in english the way to write (or speak) is more brief than in spanish :o:
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Pablo wrote:Hi. Thank you for your corrections, it is so complicated :? , in english the way to write (or speak) is more brief than in spanish :o:
It can be a tricky language to master, particularly if you're coming from a Romance language like Spanish, because the rules are similar, but different enough to trip you up. Also colloquial English makes very little logical sense (the dialect in my part of the world is famous for doing strange things with "to be" that make it sound both archaic and uneducated).

You may want to check out Ogden's Basic English, which is widely used in Asia because it's a lot more straightforward. It's a solid tool for getting information across different cultures.
Kurosuke needs beta testers