LoveLife

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
iamwilhelm
Prole

Re: LoveLife

Post by iamwilhelm »

Pretty neat. Kudos! I feel that the text should be a different color than the pixels. Makes it hard to read.

You can check out some of the other more mature cellular automata if your'e interested. There's algorithms to help the simulation go faster (I don't know their names off the top of my head), as well as different kinds of automata rules, and ones that involve color as another dimension.

If you haven't before, check out Stephen Wolfram's "A new kind of science", and he has different kinds of automata in there.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

iamwilhelm wrote:Pretty neat. Kudos!
Thank you!
iamwilhelm wrote: I feel that the text should be a different color than the pixels. Makes it hard to read.
You're right. If I get to it, it'll be fixed in the next version.
iamwilhelm wrote:You can check out some of the other more mature cellular automata if your'e interested. (...) as well as different kinds of automata rules, and ones that involve color as another dimension.
I am interested. In fact, I have been interested for over two and a half year. And I do know some variations. Even invented some simple ones myself :)
iamwilhelm wrote:There's algorithms to help the simulation go faster (I don't know their names off the top of my head)
You mean Hashlife? Because it sounds rather hard to implement, as opposed to the rather naive simple approach from the Lua examples.
iamwilhelm wrote:If you haven't before, check out Stephen Wolfram's "A new kind of science", and he has different kinds of automata in there.
I haven't, so thanks for telling me ^^.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
hdon
Prole

Post by hdon »

Robin wrote:in the Lua examples folder, there is an implementation for Conway's Game of Life
The standard Lua VM is incredibly slow for this sort of thing :ehem: