Come along to make a Platformer with me!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
bobbyjones
Party member

Re: Come along to make a Platformer with me!

Post by bobbyjones »

Day 4: Today I am going to work on adding in a simple enemy. I expect for most enemies in the game to have a simple AI. So my prototype will reflect that. I am also going to enlarge the map and make a simple level. Tomorrow I will work adding simple combat and maybe projectiles as well. Then after that its just a matter of content creation and animation. Then the prototype will be complete.

Day 4 Update 1: So added the badguy. It was pretty easy. The first bad guy is a martian(dont get too excited we still do not have graphics) Its actually pretty fun running from them.

Day 4 Update 2: I added a camera and I am uploading a .love. Done for today. If you notice the tiles glitch while moving its due to the tileset. I cant fix it unless I make a tileset without the issue.
Attachments
ben.love
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Day 5(Finally lol): I am back from a long break from coding. School was starting to get too much and I was working on getting a job (Security Guard). Today I need to write 2 papers and 2 other writing assignments that I failed to do when they were due(Weeks ago). To stimulate my mind I am going to work on my prototype a bit today. The goal for today is to add health, basic combat, and damage. Hopefully it goes well.

Day 5 Update 1: I added health to the player(I can copy and paste for the martian) and a death screen. Next on my list is combat.

Day 5 Update 2: I added one attack for the player and I will do the same for the Martian. This update is not on github yet as my laptop ran out of battery. I got a good amount of work done today. Hopefully it will continue into my papers and such.
Last edited by bobbyjones on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FRII
Prole

Post by FRII »

I can do music and/or tileart if you'd like. Examples of my work can be found at soundcloud.com/friimaster if you want a listen.
four years later and i hate remembering the posts i made on here exist but i can't delete any of them or my account
sorry you had to read this