Porting my own Veins of the Earth to LOVE

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Porting my own Veins of the Earth to LOVE

Post by pgimeno »

Zoom works fine now, thanks! The documentation should probably indicate that the keys involved are the ones to the right of the zero in the normal keyboard, to avoid confusion.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

pgimeno wrote:Zoom works fine now, thanks! The documentation should probably indicate that the keys involved are the ones to the right of the zero in the normal keyboard, to avoid confusion.
I'd mention it as being left of backspace, if anything; purely because i know that to my alphanum zero's right is my alphanum 1... :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Oops! You Hungarian people are weird :nyu:

But not so weird as the French, for whom WASD doesn't work. ;)
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

The keys are NOT alphanumeric keys, zorg. Pgimeno, that's amazing to hear!

I will work on some sort of a player help/controls screen next, so keep those suggestions coming.

EDIT: Pgimeno, I'm guessing from your username that you're using Spanish layout?
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

pgimeno wrote:Oops! You Hungarian people are weird :nyu:
But not so weird as the French, for whom WASD doesn't work. ;)
That said, i can type english fast with this keyboard, but the accented chars are still hard to reach, so typing hungarian is actually slower for me. :brows:
Zireael wrote:The keys are NOT alphanumeric keys, zorg.
Last i checked, the row between the F1-F12 keys and the spacebar are called the alphanumeric block, and i only said alphanum zero, because i wanted to distinguate it from the numeric keypad's zero. :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

Last i checked, the row between the F1-F12 keys and the spacebar are called the alphanumeric block, and i only said alphanum zero, because i wanted to distinguate it from the numeric keypad's zero. :3
Whoops :oops: I was thinking of numeric keypad when I said they're not alphanumeric :P
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

Levels are now loaded from data and the level name and number ("depth", whatever) are displayed on screen. You can also change levels (go downstairs).

I spent a couple days fixing all manner of weird bugs (turn order showing npcs that weren't there, encounters doubling in size suddenly) but it finally works. The only issue is, the map doesn't redraw immediately, you need to make a first step on new level blindly. Any ideas why this is?
Attachments
dev.love
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Zireael wrote:EDIT: Pgimeno, I'm guessing from your username that you're using Spanish layout?
Sorry, I missed your edit. The answer is yes.
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

Haven't done much in the last two months as I have been experimenting with Unreal Engine 4. However I'm still *much* more comfortable with Lua and I want to finish the port.
The only issue is, the map doesn't redraw immediately, you need to make a first step on new level blindly. Any ideas why this is?
Any help? Is there a way to explicitly force LOVE to redraw stuff?
Zireael
Party member

Post by Zireael »

The 'blind on turn 1' thing was the FOV not refreshing - I brute forced it and it works like a charm.

Time to start working on spells/feats as well as level generation.