Depths of Limbo - Roguelike Shooter

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
evgiz
Citizen

Depths of Limbo - Now on steam + keys!

Post by evgiz »

Depths of Limbo is now on steam early access!

I wan't to say thank you to everyone in this community for being awesome.
Here are a couple steam keys for whoever gets them first (remove question marks):

A7474-0MKG0-XLZ8B
8G4HX-BMW6V-8KHT9
Edit: Both taken!

And here is the game on steam if you wanna check it out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/568400/¨

Cheers! :awesome:
Last edited by evgiz on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Computer science student and part time game dev! Currently working on Depths of Limbo! :cool:

Check out the game website DepthsOfLimbo.com! :ultrahappy:
And my personal website with all my projects evgiz.net! :megagrin:
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: Depths of Limbo - Roguelike Shooter

Post by Nixola »

I redeemed the first one. It's really good to see so many LÖVE games on Steam, but I don't understand why some (as yours) don't have a Linux release... This means I can't really play it unless I'm home and I fire up my VM.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
weitnow
Prole

Post by weitnow »

Your game looks awesome and i love to see, that there are an increasing of games which are developped with love on the steam library. I am still an beginner when it comes to lua and love and therefore i have a question. I am an linux-user and it came to my attention that all love2d games in steam are only available for osx and windows. I assume the reason for that is, that you can only compile to osx and windows with love2d? For Linux you would need to provide a love-file with readable source-code, right? So if my assumption is true, there will never be a love2d-steamgame for linux?

PS: sorry for my english...im am swiss :)
evgiz
Citizen

Post by evgiz »

Nixola wrote:I redeemed the first one. It's really good to see so many LÖVE games on Steam, but I don't understand why some (as yours) don't have a Linux release... This means I can't really play it unless I'm home and I fire up my VM.
weitnow wrote:So if my assumption is true, there will never be a love2d-steamgame for linux?
I've been looking into Linux distribution, and the game runs fine on Linux systems. The problem is that you can't provide a .love file through steam and expect players to install love themselves. The game either has to somehow install love for you or include it otherwise. Compatibility is important here, how do you guarantee it works on all systems?

I've never really used Linux, so I've had some difficulties getting it to work. Hopefully I'll find a solution soon. :3
Computer science student and part time game dev! Currently working on Depths of Limbo! :cool:

Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Pease read through all of this thread; this could be used to distribute games under Linux!
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
weitnow
Prole

Post by weitnow »

@evgiz: Thanks for your quick response...I am hoping you find a way to distribute a Linux-Version....I would definetly buy it :) Congrats for your game....you're very skilled
0x72
Citizen

Post by 0x72 »

Congrats!

My favourite genre + written in LÖVE + I'm tired of Nuclear Throne! => how could I not buy it? :D

Also: I hate you a little bit, because it looks similar to what I try to create every now and then and I fail miserably each single time, while you've succeeded (also that you're so young!).

Just kidding, I don't hate you, good for you! You're my hero. :)

a.d. Linux: Depths of Limbo.love file is there when you download from Steam (there are ways afaik to download for different platform from Linux box) and it seams to run just fine with love 0.10.2 so it should be possible to run on linux with a simple bash script if one is determined enough to have it right now :) (although, I'm sure sooner or later it'll be there)
evgiz
Citizen

Post by evgiz »

Nixola wrote:Pease read through all of this thread; this could be used to distribute games under Linux!
I came across that thread earlier, but didn't have time to read it thoroughly. Thanks though, will look into it!
0x72 wrote: Also: I hate you a little bit, because it looks similar to what I try to create every now and then and I fail miserably each single time, while you've succeeded (also that you're so young!).

a.d. Linux: Depths of Limbo.love file is there when you download from Steam (there are ways afaik to download for different platform from Linux box) and it seams to run just fine with love 0.10.2 so it should be possible to run on linux with a simple bash script if one is determined enough to have it right now :) (although, I'm sure sooner or later it'll be there)
Awesome, thank you! You can do it too!

Can you download the Linux version? Thought I removed it, its not on the store page anyway. If the .love file works that's great for the Linux lövers for now, but hopefully I can get a proper version ready asap!

0x72
Citizen

Post by 0x72 »

evgiz wrote:Can you download the Linux version?
No, I just pointed that one is able to use the .love file from windows/mac version on linux machine with just a little effort if one wish not to wait.
weitnow
Prole

Post by weitnow »

I just purchased the game on steam. I had a tiny hope to get it running with playonlinux under ubuntu 16.10...but no luck yet. But at least i supported a fellow love2d-developper a littel bit ;)

@0x72: I don't understand what you exactly mean. If you download the windows-version of the game, there is no love-file provided. Instead you get a compilled exe-file.